It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2005, 12:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
Unhappy my mom does not take care of herself.

if my mom expects me to recover, she should smarten up! for one thing she never eats breakfast, eats a SMALL lunch, and eats supper on weekdays, on weekends she drinks and doesnt eat A THING except for maybe 3 chips and like 10 cans of coke. she smokes and doesnt excersise. and she wants me to eat all my meals? but she does,t whoaw mom GREAT influence.

she gets mad if i say something about it so i leave it alone. she complains "O im so fat!" well the last time i seen her eat a peice of fruit was o god lordy knows when!

same with my dad, hes a heavy smoker, drinks beer daily, he at least eats breakfast, but its usually greasy bacon or something. hes a very good barbequer but eats the fat and stuff...ive never seen him eat fruit or nething in my life. and his family has genetics of heart attacks. his dad and grampa died of heart attacks, ad his 2 older brothers had heart attacks. wow. and hes a Real health nut. YAH RIGHT. i am so conserned for them and they were conserned for me? im so scared and last nite they were drinking away and never even ate a thing all day. i ate alone and locked myself in the computer room. i hate this because it sets me up for a binge BIG time...i didnt do it last nite but god was it urging...

im so scared dads gonna have a heart attack like RIGHT away...hes 47.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: my mom does not take care of herself.

Sammy, I could kind of relate to you AGAIN, lol . My mother and father used to drink and smoke, and my father DID die at the age of 46 of a drug overdose but he was into it very heavily. But he REALLY didn't take care of his health and used MANY drugs. I think that is why I'm so health conscious now, but not when I was younger Now, I worry about my mother because she is overweight, and doesn't really care about her food choices, like when we go out to eat she gets full fat ranch, and a fried chicken salad, then a DESSERT! And she always complains how fat she is. I try to encourage her to make wiser choices, and give her little hints, but it doesn't work and it is SOOOOO frustrating. Do you ever try to encourage them? I know it's hard because many people are so set in their own ways.

Last edited by Jess75; 05-23-2005 at 01:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2005, 02:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

o i know what u mean!! and i am so sorry bout ur dad. neways, my mom complains that she gained weight 2(and she did) so just toda i told her she doesnt take good care of herself but she was all like "Yes i do! relax!!" :O how could i relax when its 3 oclock she hasnt aten anything since yesterday (which was 1 piece of toast) and drank 3 nites in row with smoking included? i dont find that healthy and i am such a health nut!!

Old 05-23-2005, 02:57 PM   #4
(female)

zusanna HB User

I can relate to your situation, but my mom doesn't drink or smoke. She just doesn't eat! She went on weight watchers about 3 years ago or so and lost 50-60 pounds. Well, she went a little far with it (I think anyway) and now she hardly eats. She still eats 5-6 times a day but extremely small portions and everything has to be low fat or fat free. I'm a recovering anorexic and it's VERY hard for me to get better when I have her influencing me! Also she's such a hipocrit because she tells me I need to eat more and look at her!!! I probably eat 3 times what she does and I'm not a big eater. She told me today she had one of those little packages of cheese spread w/ crackers for lunch (those little ones with only like 3 or 4 crackers and maybe a teaspoon of cheese). What a lunch! And for breakfast she said she usually eats a banana w/ a little bit of ff whipped cream. I bet she doesn't even get a 1000 cals a day and she wonders why she's always so tired and doesn't feel good most of the time. And what really bothers me is she denies having a problem. She thinks she eats healthy and takes good care of herself...bulls**t! I don't know what I can say to her to make her realize she has a problem. She says she eats what she wants and until she's satisfies, but not full, and she's happy that way, but she couldn't possibly be satisfied eating as little as she does. If I ate like her I would starve to death! But anyway, I know how you feel and it's extremely irritating and frustrating having a mom like that when you're trying to get better. Unfortunatly I have no advice to give since I'm stuck in the same situation but I just hope both of our mom's wake up and realize what they're doing to themselves.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

yah its bytes doesnt it? my mom tried going on diets, but they never wroked.

Closed Thread