It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

Tjay718 HB User
on the right track/ dieting

I just started running on saturday. Am trying to lose my stomach! I alter my diet too. The thing is i would like to know if am doing the right thing here's my diet schedule:

Breakfast
3 french toast sticks
eggs (scrambled)Serving size:size of the scooper they use to scoop icecream. regular sized scooper.
bacon or 2 sausage patties
hash brown
water

Lunch
well, they serve different things for lunch and dinner at my school everyday but, I'll tell you what I had today.

Pasta with grilled chicken pieces
collared greens and corn
salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and a little bit of ranch dressing probably a bit over a tablespoon.
water

Dinner
stir fry with rice
string beans
water
that's what i had for dinner tonite

From the first day i started running, with every meal i ate i had vegtables along with it. so am i off to a good start? With one of the meals i had wheat bread too. It was dinner.

My snacks well..........

After excercise, i eat a pack of oodles and noddles. start my execercing at 6:00PM and end at 7:00PM. around 9:00-10:00 I eat the noddles then i go to bed around 12:00am

Another question i had to ask is it ok to at least have to plates of food per meal? They serve us such little portion sizes and you end up not full. I have cut my plates of food down to 1. It was so hard. Am i doing the right thing as far as dieting? can i still eat what i want, like for example as long as it is one plate of food? or do i have to quit all the way? so confused I hope that am making sense.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2005, 08:24 PM   #2
(male)

nedfrin HB User
Re: on the right track/ dieting

aweful. thats all i have to say. thats not dieting man.. lol.......

Last edited by nedfrin; 05-24-2005 at 08:25 PM.

Old 05-24-2005, 09:15 PM   #3
(female)

Tjay718 HB User

well........ When you say that your not really helping me or giving me any suggestions. just keeping it real.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:15 PM   #4
(male)

nedfrin HB User

3 french toast sticks
eggs (scrambled)Serving size:size of the scooper they use to scoop icecream. regular sized scooper.
bacon or 2 sausage patties
hash brown
water
===all of those are what your "suppose" to stay away from.
High High fat/Oil/Calorie content in that breakfast...
why dont you just have a bannana, and a cup of oatmeal.

Lunch
well, they serve different things for lunch and dinner at my school everyday but, I'll tell you what I had today.

Pasta with grilled chicken pieces
collared greens and corn
salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and a little bit of ranch dressing probably a bit over a tablespoon.
water
=== pasta is high in calories/ -what sauce (high fat)- ranch= high fat..
why dont you make a low calorie sandwhich composed of 2 pieces organic wheat bread/ deli slices/ lowfat cheese/ mustard.

My snacks well..........

After excercise, i eat a pack of oodles and noddles. start my execercing at 6:00PM and end at 7:00PM. around 9:00-10:00 I eat the noddles then i go to bed around 12:00am
=== snacks should be SMALL.. before you exercise, have a high energy piece of fruit; bannana, orange...
do not have fat..

Dinner
stir fry with rice
string beans
water
that's what i had for dinner tonite
== stir fry= fat. rice= high calorie -brown rice good white bad.

your diet is not a diet. you have high fat- your eating the wrong things..
You want to stay away from fat. also- stay away from fast acting carbs such as white rice, pasta, and white bread... Also- some fruit have high sugar which equals high energy, and fast acting... so best fruit to consider not before exercise would be lower in sugar... apple... or fruit that hasnt ripened yet.

I would HIGHLY stop eating the food that other people prepare, and start off by making everything yourself. You have to understand this: it takes about 3 hours on a treadmill to burn off a 150 calorie cookie... going at a 4.0 incline 1.0 pace.

Low Fat. Good Fats. Lower GI index carbs. Water. Low Sugar. Fruits/Veggies.

Dont eat after 9;., stay away from meat at night also.

i am 17, and self taught. Please, do not eat anything like that and consider it being "healthy".

Old 05-24-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
(male)

nedfrin HB User

i am sorry if i am hard on you. Here. Look at this website and type in what you ate.

search "bacon calories" look at it. MAJOR CALORIES. try it with everything you eat.

Find your BMR. now plan your meals 1/4 1/4 1/4 and have 1/4 calorie expendetures for muiltiple snacks.
llow calories and low fat.

Last edited by nedfrin; 05-24-2005 at 10:20 PM.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:21 PM   #6
(female)

Tjay718 HB User

am in college so i cant prepare any food for myself and all the stuff you put down for me to eat they dont have those types of food at my school.

Last edited by Tjay718; 05-24-2005 at 10:24 PM.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

aah, who needs diets? honestly. lol kidding, that is wat this board is for. neways, for losing weight i honestly wouldnt recommend that...not that it is SOOO unhealthy, just as Gord mentioned alot of cals. so i would suggest normal toast with peanut butter? or for lunch whatever is the most healthiest thing there is, but if its all greasy foods just have a lil bit (dont starve urself) just eat a lil bi and snack thru the day on fruit or those lil fruit bars or whatever..lol. dont starve urself and u certainly dont want to get rid of the foods u love. just keep er cool and in moderation.

i hope i helped!

Old 05-25-2005, 07:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Tjay,
If you are trying to lose weight, what you must do is to eat fewer calories than you did at your current weight. Calories are dependant on WHAT you eat as well as HOW MUCH you ate.
Thus a cup of rice isn't "fattening" but a pound of it is.
So you can only get an extimate of how well you are doing when you take portions into account.
For example: "I had wheat bread for dinner." That can be anything from good (a slice), not quite so good (a slice with butter), worse (2 slices with butter) to HORRIBLE...a half LOAF! See what I mean.

Quality of food means nothing in regards weight loss...QUANTITY means everything. (Overall health is another story.)

Old 05-25-2005, 08:21 AM   #9
(female)

alotamiles HB User

What happens if she eats "after 9"? Will she turn into a pumpkin or something???

Old 05-25-2005, 05:39 PM   #10
(male)

nedfrin HB User

why dont you just do this.. eat health "bars" and snack on fruit.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:28 AM   #11

G2004 HB User

How is eating health bars and fruit healthy????????????
Meals should be from real foods instead of packaged foods filled with sugar and other crap. Those bars are okay occasionally but not for meals. they run between 200-300 calories. For that amount of calories you can eat real food like a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion and even a piece of fruit. And a sandwich will keep you full longer.

Old 05-26-2005, 01:02 PM   #12
(female)

Tjay718 HB User

Thanks for your replies! I wanted to know if A bowl of rice crispies cereal every morning with milk (no sugar) would be a good idea? I mean, that's the only thing healthy that my school serves for breakfast. At lunch they have salad and vegatables. Thats at the salad bar. All the other food they cook after lunch is either fried or greasy. Am really not sure what to do. Should I just eat nothing But vegatables for lunch and dinner or should i eat just a plate of the fried/greasy food? {Little portions}and just eat alot of vegtables to fill me up so i wont get hungry right? Am so confused and hungry! most of the time my school does have fruit so i guess i may have to resort to starving because i cant eat oodles of noddles at night to stop my hunger.

When you starve what does you body feed off of? just curious. I hope what ever i said makes sense.

Is it okay to eat my salad with ranch dressing [little portion] like a tablespoon of it on the salad?

I have one more question, is it good for me to eat breakfast in the morning then go back to sleep for 2 1/2? The reason why i go to sleep is because i wake up at 6:30am to get ready for breakfast at 7:00am. After breakfast i go to sleep because am exsauted from waking up so early I wake up around 10:30-11:00 To get ready to go to class at 11:20Am.

Last edited by Tjay718; 05-26-2005 at 01:19 PM.

Old 05-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #13

G2004 HB User

I am so confused as to how that is the only food your school offers. And why do you go to breakfast at 7 am if you are so tired? Why not get up at 10am? You should try to have a serving of carbs (whole grains), protein, dairy, veggies, and fruit at every meal. But from what you say that isnít possible at your school. If that is the case you just have eat less calories.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:25 PM   #14
(female)

Tjay718 HB User

I cant get up at 10am because that's the set time for breakfast 7:00am to 8:00am. If i dont get up around that time i just dont get to eat. Is it a good idea for me to go back to sleep after breakfast? Some of the foods that you mentioned like whole grains, they only serve something like that once in a while. So i got to make do with what ever is there that is healthy. I can tell you the stuff they have there that is healthy somewhat: salad bar which had tomatoes, cucumbers, different types of dressings; ranch, thousand island, vinegarette. Celery sticks, califlower EWW!, raisins, shreaded carrots. healthy breakfast food, Rice crispies and milk. They have one more cereal but, that's frosted flaks but, that's unhealthy its packed with a lot of sugar. Well... that's it. They use to have apples and oranges but, it seems like they cut that out too. I guess am going to have to turn into a vegan or something because i really dont know what to eat..... its so fustrating.................

Old 05-27-2005, 06:22 AM   #15

G2004 HB User

Hey tjay
In my opinion it probably is better for you to go back to bed if you are so tired. Getting enough sleep is important for having energy for day which will also effect weight loss.
Can you go to a grocery store and keep some food in your room? You could get oatmeal (preferably not with added sugar) milk, yogurt, carrots, fresh/canned fruit (without sugar), bread, peanut butter/lunchmeat.if you don't have refrigerator or microwave the fruit, bread, pb and even oatmeal will be okay (Raw oatmeal is pretty good). This way you could get up later and still eat.
If it isn't possible to go to a store then just put alot of veggies on your plate and small amount of the other stuff.

Last edited by G2004; 05-27-2005 at 06:23 AM.

Closed Thread