It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
(male)

nedfrin HB User
Basic Fasting Help

hello, i was wonderng... i want to fast for a day to get all the unwanted stuff out of my body... Now..

Would it be wise to grind up a centrum, take it with water, and drink water for the whole day... and then eat again the next day?

or should i drink juice in morning and centrum with water all day..

and this will be benificial. correct?

Old 05-25-2005, 06:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: Basic Fasting Help

Personally, I like a day of fruit juice (or even fresh fruit). Especially if this the first time you are doing it, I think that is a good way to go (my opinion, of course).

For one day, I would just skip the centrum.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 06:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

why bother? i personally think fasting in unhealthy, but do what u want, haha im not stopping u. i just dont see a point because if u go hungry all day, ur body goes into "starvation mode" and tries to hold on to as much fat cells as possible. therefor ur just storing fat and ur metabolism is slowing down. but then again, ur only doing it a day so im shure it cant be THAT bad, but still....i wouldnt recommend it..lol

Old 05-25-2005, 08:28 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Ding HB User

fastings not something you can go into lightly. i suggest you do alot of research into the area before you even consider one. its a very extreme form of detox, and can have some pretty intense affects. this is coming from someone who did a 3 day water only fast, earlier this year. it can give you flu-like symptoms from all of the toxins in your body being released into the blood stream in a very short space of time. you must have an induction phase before you start, where you eat very cleanly for about a week before, and the same again afterwards.

you say you want to get 'all the unwanted stuff out of your body', but thats not going to happen in one day, believe me. fasting slows the metabolism down like sammyT said, and can be a pretty silly and unecassary thing to do if you're not careful. how about starting off with juicing fruits and veg for a day? that way you'll still be getting lots of nutrients and it will have benficial and detoxifying effects, without being so extreme as straight water fasting.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:53 AM   #5
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

I highly recommend that you get and read Ann Louise Gittleman's "FastTrack One-Day Detox Diet" before doing a fast, even for 1 day. Fasting releases toxins which can result in numerous side effects, and should be done with proper preparation and followup so you can avoid any negative reactions.

The Fast Track program has a prequel to get you ready, a special juice blend to drink on the day of your fast, and a sequal on how to re-introduce foods, along with good intestinal bacteria and fiber, without any negative symptoms.

I've done a 10-day water-only fast several years ago, but only after I did much reading on fasting. At the time, I wasn't aware of all the pitfalls and benefits that I am now, even tho I had read several books and knew a little of what to expect. With the knowledge I've since learned, I would have approached it much differently.

Last edited by Sonflower1116; 05-25-2005 at 08:56 AM.

Closed Thread