It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 08:29 PM   #1
(male)

DarkChange HB User
Red face Help! keep loosing weight!

I dont know what to do anymore, so I need to see if all this is stress related. Right now im having alot of health-problems which came out of no-where a month ago. breathing problems, not able to walk for 5 minutes withouth going out of breath and getting very fast and strong heart beats AND feeling like passing out, confusion and feeling disconnected, anxiety, kidney pain...and the list goes on, this came out of nowhere in spring break. Im 17 and im 6'2 and I weight 111 now, I also had a fever the doc said but im going to get my stomach checked because he thinks there is something wrong with that. Could this all be stress related? the last time I was at the doc's I was 117 and even before that...about a month ago I was maybe 127. I lost about 6 pounds in less than 3 days and I dont know whats going on, I seriously hope this is stress because I feel so pathetic right now.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Musical_Muse HB User
Re: Help! keep loosing weight!

Dark Change,

Have you been under a lot of stress lately? 6 pounds in less than 3 days--OMG!

~Colleen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 08:46 PM   #3
(male)

DarkChange HB User

Trust me I have, I dont know what to do with this anymore but could stress actually make me loose weight?

Old 05-25-2005, 08:47 PM   #4
(male)

DarkChange HB User

Oh and also, alot that I eat is pop tarts because the depression makes me crave them badly. They arent much I know. I cant loose that much weight for no reason!

Old 05-25-2005, 09:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChange
I dont know what to do anymore, so I need to see if all this is stress related. Right now im having alot of health-problems which came out of no-where a month ago. breathing problems, not able to walk for 5 minutes withouth going out of breath and getting very fast and strong heart beats AND feeling like passing out, confusion and feeling disconnected, anxiety, kidney pain...and the list goes on, this came out of nowhere in spring break. Im 17 and im 6'2 and I weight 111 now, I also had a fever the doc said but im going to get my stomach checked because he thinks there is something wrong with that. Could this all be stress related? the last time I was at the doc's I was 117 and even before that...about a month ago I was maybe 127. I lost about 6 pounds in less than 3 days and I dont know whats going on, I seriously hope this is stress because I feel so pathetic right now.
Did you ever get tested for a malabsorbtion problem??

Old 05-25-2005, 11:23 PM   #6
(male)

DarkChange HB User

No I havent, where I can I get that done?

Old 05-26-2005, 09:33 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChange
No I havent, where I can I get that done?
I guess through your doctor, but from reading on these boards a lot, I learned about celiac disease which is considered a "gluten intolorance" or somekind of malabsorption problem(related to the small intestines). You are showing many of the symptoms, but please don't just take my advice and DO go see a doctor. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, breads, cereals, junk like cookies, cakes, flour, etc etc. You said that you eat poptarts when your stressed, those are full of gluten. I don't know if kidney pain is a symptom but this is JUST an idea.
BTW, Losec is a guy that suffered from a gluten intolorance and he may be able to give you some good advice, or tell me if i'm wrong.

Losec? What do YOU think?

Last edited by Jess75; 05-26-2005 at 09:37 AM.

Old 05-26-2005, 02:36 PM   #8
(male)

DarkChange HB User

Thanks for the response, Ill tell that to my doctor but before that I have a stress test (for my heart) and after that i have an appointment witht the doc. Ill ask him about it then. Is there anything I should watch out for in the meantime? like eat lots of meat maybe to try to gain weight? thanks.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:18 PM   #9
(female)

sorrel2 HB User

This is definitely more than stress. The fast pulse, breathing problems and anxiety (plus the weight loss) make it sound like hyperthyroidism. Definitely ask your doctor to test your thyroid hormones.

It could be a malabsorption thing (celiac, Crohn's) but it sounds more like thyroid to me.

Closed Thread