It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 07:23 AM   #1
(female)

kdelia22 HB User
has anyone trid the zone diet or the south beach?

Could anyone tell me which one of these diets are more effective for losing weght? which one is better for you and how much weight did you lose while on them? I want to lose weight the right weigh and have tried everything else besides theses to. I keep on feeling that the south beach diet is low carb and I do not want to really do low carb. the zone I hear alot of stars lose weight on this plan so I dont know I am just cunfused.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: has anyone trid the zone diet or the south beach?

You are right...South Beach is low carb. ZONE is balanced (at 40% carb calories.)

ZONE'S particular quirk (every diet has one to sell the books) is that EVERY meal and EVERY snack must be balanced to 40-30-30 percentage of food with the high number the carb calories. To me that quirk seems a bit silly but if you balance your whole DAY that way instead of every meal, it's a healthy easy balance. The secret of loss is to keep the TOTAL low. THAT'S the core of EVERY diet!

I recommend ZONE if you don't want a low carb-high fat diet like South Beach or Atkins.

Last edited by Lenin; 06-04-2005 at 08:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
(female)

drv HB User

i like the zone -kinda my guideline years back-but i just try to make sure i'm getting some protein, carbs and good fats in every meal-but make them small portions-4-6 meals a day-i just make sure my macros are either 40/40/20 or 40/30/30 or 45/35/20 (p/c/f) at the end of the day-rather than each meal-and it worked wonders for me-low body fat with exercise of course..lol

Old 06-04-2005, 08:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Of course, a BIG part of Zone is the TOTAL which is quite low and thus the net result is a low-cal balanced diet...not unlike Weight Watchers. Zone counts BLOCKS, WW counts POINTS and all are just rather silly ways of counting CALORIES, but whatever floats your boat will give you a good diet if the POINTS, BLOCKS, and CALORIES are low.

Old 06-04-2005, 09:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

According to Dr Mercola, the best way to achieve optimum health and weight loss is to find out what your metabolic type is. Most people are the "mixed type" like 50% carbs and 50% protein. I tested in the "mixed type" and I think I may eat a little more carbs than protein but carbs fill me. You can do a ****** and take the test.

Closed Thread