It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 08:46 PM   #1
(female)

pink! HB User
Exclamation Is my diet ok??

Hello everyone,

My name is Maria and Im new here. Basically I have a question.
Im 20 5"7 and 126lbs. I would love to loose a little bit more weight becuase I want to model. This is what I usually eat:

breakfast:
some grapes
plain yogurt-80 cals
some cottage cheese non fat

Lunch:
1 navel orange
1 medium apple
or
garden salad no dressing

Dinner:
shredded wheat cereal w/ some skim milk and some strawberries
or
quick cooking plain oatmeal with skim milk

Snack:
ff cocoa for 25 cals w/ water

I have been loosing but very slowly on this diet. The only thing is that Im craving pancakes(its my fave) soo bad. I think about food soo much and im scared sometimes that if I eat something more out of my routine that I will gain weight. I know that my metabolism is probbably messed up but this diet works for me and Im scared to change it. My health is not that great. I get blackouts, im tired and sleepy all the time,sometimes Im constipated, I get bloated very easily, my period has stopped for 3yrs now and I feel very depressed sometimes over my eating.
I used to weight 145lbs, then I was dieting and my lowest was 97. I gained and now Im slowly loosing again.
The thing is I want to let myself have my pancakes for dinner sometimes but please tell me that I wont gain!!

Old 06-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
Re: Is my diet ok??

Hmmm...that seems pretty low to me (but im gaining weight lol). id add more breads? u need more carbs thats forshure. at least 7-10 servings. yah and more protein like meats or nuts. seriously tho, ur skinny enuf and DONT need to lose weight!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 09:49 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

all of what you mentioned would be a snack for me..LOLLL seriously thats not much at all no wonder you'r getting blackouts..anyways, you should eat what you feel for and, excersizing would keep your weight under control..and, it will make you very strong Good luck

Old 06-02-2005, 07:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

How much do you want to lose? Did you add up the calories? Your weight seems to be fairly healthy for your height(maybe even a LITTLE low) but I guess that modeling requires you to be thinner. I don't see any essential fats(fish oil, flax, nuts and seeds, oilive oil). Efa's are good for metabolism, and hormone regulation along with many other aspects of one's health. I really don't think that pancakes would ruin your goals especially if you exercise. Although, you are at a lower weight for your height, and I'll bet that trying to lose will be pretty challenging. How long have you been on this diet, and how much did you lose? I guess this will be a temporary diet because as soon as you start to eat normally again, your body is going to say, "ahhhh thank you," and store that fat faster than you think. But modeling requires a strice regimine I'm sure, and I wish you the best of luck.

Maybe you could add some chicken to your garden salad at lunch and make sure you are getting all the necessary vitamins and minerals. You may be low of iron(and others) since you feel like that. Try some dried figs, fruit and raisens maybe? Maybe some lean beef(unless your a veg).

Last edited by Jess75; 06-02-2005 at 07:46 AM.

Old 06-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #5
(female)

pink! HB User

I have been doing this for a while and I dont want to stop. Im not going to go back to the way I was eating before.
But thank you again.

Old 06-03-2005, 02:45 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Ding HB User

well why ask for advice if you have no intention of following it?
your diet looks in need of protein and healthy fats, and if you're worried about weight gain then start up an excercise routine

Old 06-03-2005, 06:03 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

Pink! I don't want to be rude but perhaps you need to post on the Eating Disorder board. It seems to me that you are restricting calories and obsessed with gaining weight, not a healthy combination.
You obviously are not asking for advice since you do not want to change your eating habits. My opinion is that you should eat more in order to rev up your metabolism. When you eat so little your metabolism slows down so much that your body holds on to anything it can. Also, if you are not getting your period it means that you are not eating enough calories or fat and your hormones are all messed up.
I know how you feel as I have been there, except I was a spinning instructor and personal trainer and wanted to motivate my clients and make them look up to me so I felt that the thinner I got the better. I too stopped getting my periods and had blackouts.
It's not a healthy path to be on and you are a pretty tall girl to be so tiny.
How about adding some protein and veggies to your diet? Perhaps a menu as follows:
Breakfast: Oatmeal or 1 cup cereal and 1/2 cup skim milk
Lunch: Two slices whole wheat bread with turkey and lettuce
Dinner: Chicken with salad or pasta with marinara sauce.
You can snack on fruit and yogurt and cottage cheese.
AND---------Make up for the calories you eat by working out?

Old 06-03-2005, 07:51 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding
well why ask for advice if you have no intention of following it?
your diet looks in need of protein and healthy fats, and if you're worried about weight gain then start up an excercise routine
Yah, exactly.

Closed Thread