It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #1
(female)

cka2525 HB User
water

I've been drinking tons of water lately. I'm unsure if it will help my weight loss but I hope! Ive been peeing like crazy, my skins cleared up and Im not hungry and its refreshing. But I dont understand the "flushing of the fat" with water? And how much should you drink a day? Can you go overboard and just drink tons?

Old 06-02-2005, 01:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: water

Quote:
Originally Posted by cka2525
I've been drinking tons of water lately. I'm unsure if it will help my weight loss but I hope! Ive been peeing like crazy, my skins cleared up and Im not hungry and its refreshing. But I dont understand the "flushing of the fat" with water? And how much should you drink a day? Can you go overboard and just drink tons?
Yes you can go oveboard. It's recommended to drink 6-8 glasses, maybe one or two more for a lot of exercise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2005, 04:40 AM   #3
(female)

kmh HB User

i just started drinking alot of water too and i fill up one of those 1.5L bottles and usually go through 2 so around 3L a day....is that too much water?

Old 06-03-2005, 05:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

kmh,

No, 3 Liters is just fine...but consider that a wise top limit unless you're in marathon training...in the Sahara!
Water won't help you shed pounds but it removes wastes products and people who are on high protein diets and thus burning protein for fuel need to have the nitrogenous wastes diluted. THose ammonia type wastes are VERY hard on the kidneys.
Too much water can remove too much sodium, potassium and magnesium from our bodies and result in a dangerous state...brain swelling/delirium/disorientation kind of think.
Drink ENOUGH and a little more but don't force too much...you really won't lose any faster.

Old 06-04-2005, 07:29 PM   #5
(female)

cka2525 HB User

Thanks guys. Wow I didnt know you could drink TOO much. I'll keep it around 6-8 a day, thankyou!

Old 06-05-2005, 01:13 AM   #6
(female)

kmh HB User

haha gotchya....i dont really mean to drink that much, i just have it through the day without even realizing. one day i looked at the measurment and figured it was quite a bit.

Old 06-06-2005, 02:26 PM   #7
(female)

ItsJustMe_Liz HB User

xxx xxx
Ive just started drinking water about the last week or so and so far, ive been drinking about 3...sometimes 4 of the 16.9 FL OZ bottles a day. Do you think thats enough or should i maybe drink a few more ?

Old 06-06-2005, 05:39 PM   #8
(female)

cka2525 HB User

Hey lizzybear! I think thats pretty good! I just bought a waterbottle at walmart for 2 dollars. Its for 1/2 a gallon. I'm going to try and drink one of those a day! Noticeing any good changes with your water intake??

Closed Thread