It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
This is what I HATE...

I absolutely hate when I eat out of boredom or loneliness or ANYTHING other than just plain hunger!
Tonight I had no plans and woke up from a nap around 6pm. I decided to make dinner at home, but I definitely went out of control! Here is what I had:

-Made a Chicken Salad: Chicken breast (170), tomatoe (40), avocado (80), pepperoncinis (20), olives (50), light dressing (60), lettuce (30)
-1 slice veggie cheese (30)
-1 slice olive bread (130)
-crackers (100)
-Hummus (?)
-Tzatiki sauce (80)
-Few potato chips (120?)
-Baby carrots (80?)

Dessert (felt like i was on a rampage!):
-Slim a bear (90)
-Few bites of light ice cream (60)
-SF chocolate and chocolate chips (300)
-Graham crackers (150)
-Raisins (?)

I feel SO disgusting now!! I totalled up the calories of what I ate today (including my breakfast which was 2 cups of cereal, LF cottage cheese, berries, a small apple, and a banana) and it is over 2000 AND I didn't work out at all today!
I am definitely going to cut back tomorrow a lot b/c I have been eating wayyyy too much lately. All of the sudden I am freaking out about this!!!

Please give me feedback or whatever you can.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:17 PM   #2
(male)

pistolwhip3214 HB User
Re: This is what I HATE...

so what...im sorry if this seems rude, not trying to be...but honestly no one cares if ur fat or skinny or what kind of diet ur on. just be urself. if u wanna have something then do it...its that simple...dont kill urself by eating sooo much, but if u go a lil overboard who cares...just dont do it every single day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 09:46 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

dont worry we know her.. LS, stop freaking out over what you eat and, how much you eat..everyone eats alot when they'r bored..so yeah, dont worry bout it.. just come here to tell us and, we'll forgive you.

Old 06-03-2005, 05:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I'm with LS.
Eating out of boredom is so stupid and counterproductive. I try to battle it and it's sister, eating out of habit, every day...I'm even using hypnosis to train myself to EAT WHEN HUNGRY.
A trip to the fridge isn't exercise.

LS, a cute trick...you ignored the calorie count of 2 items... hummus and the raisins...in doing so you neglected the HIGHEST calorie item you ate, the hummus. Ain't human nature grand!

Old 06-03-2005, 07:20 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS289
I absolutely hate when I eat out of boredom or loneliness or ANYTHING other than just plain hunger!
Tonight I had no plans and woke up from a nap around 6pm. I decided to make dinner at home, but I definitely went out of control! Here is what I had:

-Made a Chicken Salad: Chicken breast (170), tomatoe (40), avocado (80), pepperoncinis (20), olives (50), light dressing (60), lettuce (30)
-1 slice veggie cheese (30)
-1 slice olive bread (130)
-crackers (100)
-Hummus (?)
-Tzatiki sauce (80)
-Few potato chips (120?)
-Baby carrots (80?)

Dessert (felt like i was on a rampage!):
-Slim a bear (90)
-Few bites of light ice cream (60)
-SF chocolate and chocolate chips (300)
-Graham crackers (150)
-Raisins (?)

I feel SO disgusting now!! I totalled up the calories of what I ate today (including my breakfast which was 2 cups of cereal, LF cottage cheese, berries, a small apple, and a banana) and it is over 2000 AND I didn't work out at all today!
I am definitely going to cut back tomorrow a lot b/c I have been eating wayyyy too much lately. All of the sudden I am freaking out about this!!!

Please give me feedback or whatever you can.
At least you choose healthy options! Does the SF indicate "sugar free?" Were you hungry? I don't care, if i'm hungry, I eat, I don't care what time it is, I just choose healthy options. And your options look really healthy. I would just go back to your "maintence" calories today, and perhaps do a workout. And honestly, I don't think a pound or two would do you any harm being that your 6 ft tall and weigh 135 pounds right? Don't worry, be happy!

Old 06-03-2005, 08:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

All of you had such different responses! Pistolwhip- I came to the boards for support because I was feeling a little uneasy about what I had eaten - that is what they are here for. There's no need to be harsh about it. I understand that it might seem petty to you, but it was really bothering me last night and it feels good to get some feedback.

Jessica- yes, SF means sugarfree, but that definitely does not mean fat free! The chocolate was pretty much full calorie and full fat - just less carbs (which, ultimately, doesn't really matter now does it?)

Today I tried to make up for eating so much yesterday, but then I had NO energy when I went to the gym. I had coffee this morning then white bean soup for lunch and an apple. Oh, and 2 red bulls (sf). When I tried running around 4pm I felt almost nauseous (but that is definitely my fault). I came home and ate dinner which consisted of a big sweet potato with LF cottage cheese, a few slices of turkey and some peas. Then I had some berries and a few honey nuts.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get back on track and not eat too little....

Old 06-04-2005, 07:58 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS289
All of you had such different responses! Pistolwhip- I came to the boards for support because I was feeling a little uneasy about what I had eaten - that is what they are here for. There's no need to be harsh about it. I understand that it might seem petty to you, but it was really bothering me last night and it feels good to get some feedback.

Jessica- yes, SF means sugarfree, but that definitely does not mean fat free! The chocolate was pretty much full calorie and full fat - just less carbs (which, ultimately, doesn't really matter now does it?)

Today I tried to make up for eating so much yesterday, but then I had NO energy when I went to the gym. I had coffee this morning then white bean soup for lunch and an apple. Oh, and 2 red bulls (sf). When I tried running around 4pm I felt almost nauseous (but that is definitely my fault). I came home and ate dinner which consisted of a big sweet potato with LF cottage cheese, a few slices of turkey and some peas. Then I had some berries and a few honey nuts.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get back on track and not eat too little....
Well I have to say Ls that you do eat very healthy. And I was just curious about the "SF" because I like cookies myself,lol. What kind are they?

Old 06-04-2005, 12:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

It actually was just SF chocolate, not SF cookies. I made sort of a s'more (without marshmallow)...I put a chunk of SF chocolate in between graham crackers and put a little chocolate frozen yogurt in there, too. So I guess it was a mix between an ice cream sandwich and a s'more. It was SO delicious!

Do you think I need to compensate again today or get back to normal eating/exercising?

Old 06-04-2005, 12:31 PM   #9
(female)

Summer Storm HB User

Next time your at the store look for some "fruit2o" water. It contains no calories, no fat. and fills you up. plus it's 'fun' to drink when your bored.

Today go back to your normal eating. Perhaps your body just needed a day like that to recover.

God Bless,
Summer Storm

Last edited by Summer Storm; 06-04-2005 at 12:33 PM.

Old 06-04-2005, 01:12 PM   #10

ocurt HB User

i know exactly how you feel! you're recovering from an eating disorder, right? That's what I'm doing... I've been fasting for certain things every friday, so I did that yesterday, i fasted two meals, then I ate a small supper and some watermelon. I felt very good about myself! Then today i ate a frappuchino, brownies, trail mix... yadda yadda yadda... and i feel like a blimp! its awful!! i just want to go in my closet and hide until i feel skinny again!! but you know, one day isnt going to hurt that much... just as long as you dont do it all the time!! i know how hard it is to balance out so that you're not eating too little or too much!! hugs to you!! good luck!!

Old 06-04-2005, 01:31 PM   #11
(female)

4schmitts HB User
Talking Re: This is what I HATE...

I know how you feel too! I am also recovering from an Ed, and there are days when I TOTALLY overeat and feel like crap because of it for a couple days. I usually get right back on my regular eating schedule after a binge the next day and then by the next night I usually feel normal again. Don't be too hard on yourself, we all do it!

Old 06-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Thank you. I've realized more and more how common it is. It's just hard to see that when you are caught in the heat of the moment!

Today I think I had a pretty normal day (whereas yesterday was sort of restricted because of my overeating on thursday).
Breakfast/Lunch: Breakfast sandwich (this is SO delicious!!)...english muffin (130cals), 1/4 avocado sliced (80 cals) 1 slice soy cheese (30 cals), scrambled egg beaters (60 cals) ketchup(20 cals)
Some fruit and berrries (100 cals maybe)
Cottage cheese with some cereal (150 cals?)
Snack: Some pretzels (120 cals) sweet factory candy (oops!) - some chocolate covered almonds, swedish fish, reeses pieces, and sour patch kids -no idea the calories...
Dinner: Stir fry - bok choy, carrots, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, broccoli, cauliflower, tofu (around 200 cals??)
couple bites of lowfat ricotta cheese (50cals)

I feel sort of guilty about the candy, but I guess I shouldn't. It wasn't the healthiest option, but that's ok!

Old 06-06-2005, 04:35 PM   #13
(female)

Singusasongg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
I'm with LS.
Eating out of boredom is so stupid and counterproductive. I try to battle it and it's sister, eating out of habit, every day...I'm even using hypnosis to train myself to EAT WHEN HUNGRY.
A trip to the fridge isn't exercise.

LS, a cute trick...you ignored the calorie count of 2 items... hummus and the raisins...in doing so you neglected the HIGHEST calorie item you ate, the hummus. Ain't human nature grand!
Hynosis sounds really interesting! I would like to try that to contol my over eating and horrible self image. Let me know any information you have on it! thanks!

Old 06-06-2005, 07:36 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Yes! Instead of having one extremely restricted day and then one totally gluttonous day, I'd like to be stable and healthy everyday. Most of the time I manage to do this, but every once in a while I get thrown off track.

I think I've returned to my normal eating. How did today look?

Breakfast: Banana, Grande Nonfat Latte
Lunch: Salad with beets, egg whites, peas, jicama, tomatoes, carrots, tzatiki sauce, and balsamic vinegar
Fuji Apple
Sugarfree Rockstar (like a redbull)
Dinner: Chicken noodle soup, A BUNCH of crackers, nonfat cheese, lowfat ricotta cheese, some berries
Dessert: Frozen yogurt

Old 06-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

wow LS that was a healthfull day BUT, its still not much..but, if your ok with that amount of food..ill stay quiet but, dont forget, im a man.

Closed Thread