It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
(male)

Adolescent HB User
I need some advice.

Alright this is my story, its long.

I am a male that is 6'2 and 204 lbs. I enjoy eating as it is my comfort food as it is with alot of other people. I really enjoy eating when I am not on the computer (gaming junkie) usually this is around 9-11 PM when I watch TV after gaming. I eat chips and diet coke and the ocassional ice cream cone. Recently I was on the Atkins diet and lost 50 pounds (220 down to 170) over the summer. So when I came back to school everyone was amazed. Now I have slowly regained my weight and I am trying to control it. It seems to me I am not "happy" unless eating the foods I enjoy. All it takes is a Diet Dr. Pepper, a bag of chips, and Sienfeld to get me in a great mood. I was never the "super fat kid" but I was always pudgey. I have started a campaign of sorts against overeating. My mom thinks my dad is putting me up to all this "you have to eat right and exercise" which I have been doing lately (parents divorced). My dad is moderately athletic but is in shape, and my step-mom is a exercise junkie (less that 100 pounds almost sad really only eats salad it seems to me). My real mother isnt fat but is 'delightfully pudgy' as I call her. She cleans the house so often that she really doesnt gain weight. My step-father drinks alot of beer. He has a beer belly. He is a handyman of sorts and works outside 4-5 hours daily. He has relatively no fat anywhere else than his chest. (I live with my mom and step-dad) My two brothers (twins) are basketball freaks that are my moms joys (we are all loved the same they just get so much more praise because they actually do something other than be an "internet guy" that I am). They are both rails and have no eating problems. The delimma I have is I cannot seem to find a viable middle. I want to eat the things I like but I also want to lose weight. If it was my world I wouldnt care how I looked (I probably would I just like saying that). There is soo much junk food around the house. When I go to my dads house for the weekends I eat exactly the right foods, at the exact time etc (he is the one that really cares about my weight because he has diabetes and cares for my personal health). So this is what I have been doing to keep off the impending weight gain. I take my dog for a walk for 15 minutes, I bike down to the local park and jog a half a mile, then (briskly faster than anyone there walks) walk a half, then jog a half, then walk a half. I just dont really know if its going to work. Walk/Jog 2 miles everyday, take my dog out for 15 minutes walking, and watching what I eat. When I say watching what I eat I basically mean : Cereal or nothing for breakfast, Sandwich for lunch, corn green beans mashed potatoes bread hamburger OR hotdog OR steak etc for dinner. Then I usually play on the computer until 9 or so then come downstairs watch TV periodically think of having a snack (pop-corn, chips, ice cream cone, etc) which I usually succomb to thinking my whole diet has been thrown out the window.

Basically me and my mom get in fights alot now, I care about my weight but it seems soo much harder to eat right in this house. Can anyone give me advice?

Last edited by moderator2; 04-12-2006 at 07:27 PM. Reason: do not post your age under 17

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #2
(female)

cka2525 HB User
Re: I need some advice.

Id live with your dad! It seems your less stressful when your around him and you have better eating habbits. Plus, if he cares for your health, thats a good sign.

Old 06-15-2005, 03:38 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User
Re: I need some advice.

Let me just say that I LOVE SEINFELD!!!! its my favorite show in the whole entire world!!!!

Now that I got that enthusiasm out of the way, I am 20 years old and I live with my parents still, my mom always buys junk food..I have tons of it in the house so I can relate to how you feel. But you are only 14 so its much harder for you to do anything about it. I could drive to the store and get what I need (i'm a vegetarian and a health-nut so I eat pretty well).

What you need to do is not eat after 8 O'clock. It seems to me that you exercise pretty well which is great!. As for the food, ask your mom if when she goes to the store, to pick you up stuff (whatever you like that is healthy... fruits, Veggies, fish...etc.). Try to explain to her that you lost all that weight and you would really like to keep it off and start eating right for your own well-being.

From a Vegetarians point-of-view...i'd say cut back on the red meat (its really unhealthy for you). Have you ever noticed that Americans are the most obese? You could attribute this to all the meat-eating that is done here. Just a FYI....

Good luck! Try to say at your dads more often

Last edited by moderator2; 04-12-2006 at 07:28 PM. Reason: quote is unnecessary - use the reply button - please do not clog threads with quotes

Closed Thread