It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
Inactive

frozeninside HB User
Splenda!!!

I have using Splenda for months and months, and I recently read in a magazine that it's now known to cause either kidney or liver damage, I don't remember which. GREAT!!! Is nothing sacred??? Does anyone know of a safe and natural sweetener, say one I could use for my green tea? (Please don't say Stevia, that bitter stuff is horrible!!!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2005, 05:46 PM   #2
(male)

nedfrin HB User
Re: Splenda!!!

pretending? lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2005, 06:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

frozen,

Canadian drug stores and groceries sell sodium cyclamate under the brands SUCARYL and SUGAR TWIN. It even comes as a convenient liquid inn a dropper bottle.
I think it tastes the MOST like sugar and id quite cheap but the shipping fees from Canada keep going up up and up. Several on-lione sources are easy to find.

I agree with all the heath agencies worldwode that find no problem with aspartame and Splenda (sucralose) is ok...but it tastes less like real sugar to me than the other two. THose web sites that nay-say Splenda are really a bit over the top and I consider most of them worth ignoring. If you like Splenda, use it; it's safe!

I need some cyclamate myself but am putting off ordering because of the shipping fees and the need to buy $100 or so worth to justify the shipment...seems a lot for a sweetner.

Old 06-05-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User

Have you tried the liquid stevia? Its actually better than the granular.

Old 06-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

You know, I JUST gave up splenda(just used in in my coffee) the other day and have just been using honey instead(supposively is a slower insulin spike). I was observing mercola's website about the dangerous effects some people experienced form splenda. LIke rashes, headaches, etc etc. I dunno WHAT to think anymore!!!LOL!
Oh, and soy is supposively real bad, same with cows milk, wheat and bla bla bla. I don't KNOW WHAT to believe anymore LOL I guess I'm just gonna stick to my good old(organic) cow and non processed whole grains, lol.

Last edited by Jess75; 06-05-2005 at 09:44 PM.

Old 06-06-2005, 05:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Jessica,
Did you GET the rashes, headaches, etc. etc. from Splenda. Maybe instead of no more Splenda, a more sensible route might be NO MORE MERCOLA. I think life is fine and dandy without him (and the stuff he peddles.)

Old 06-06-2005, 09:14 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
Jessica,
Did you GET the rashes, headaches, etc. etc. from Splenda. Maybe instead of no more Splenda, a more sensible route might be NO MORE MERCOLA. I think life is fine and dandy without him (and the stuff he peddles.)
Yah, he does seem like a quack. Almost EVERYTHING that I like and feel that is healthy is BAD!! Example, Soy, ALL whole grains(even Kamut, spelt), splenda, cows milk, carrots(he thinks we should avoid them).

Old 06-07-2005, 11:57 AM   #8
(female)

FitChic HB User

i've read of a few articles........but splenda is like my best friend, i dont plan on giving it up anytime soon!

Closed Thread