It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 06:23 AM   #1
(female)

zusanna HB User
Arrow Cutting out sugar and caffiene.....

I decided I needed to cut way back on my sugar intake and also caffiene. I eat pretty healthy but I was eating too much sugar and consuming too much caffiene. So far this is day 2 with limited sugar and no caffiene....I'm DRAGGING!! I feel like a zombie! But I just keep telling myself within a week or so it'll be worth it and I'll feel better than I did before. I want so bad to just fix a pot of coffee right now and down the whole thing but I know that wouldn't be good. I've been a sugar and caffiene freak for so long I know this is going to be hard for awhile. I just need some encouragement to keep going. Anyone else recently cut out sugar and caffiene? Ugh....I think I need a nap, lol.

Old 06-06-2005, 07:57 AM   #2
(female)

dustie03 HB User
Re: Cutting out sugar and caffiene.....

I stopped drinking caff coffee about four months ago because I knew it wasn't great for me and I was beginning to get headaches if I even had one cup. I have since switched to decaf (which my hubby didn't even realized until I forgot to hide the pouch!) and feel MUCH better! What sugar are you cutting? Baking? In the coffee? Any sweets? I was using a TBSP of sugar in my coffee before. I started using the little blue packets, and now I can't even tell the difference in taste. It takes a lot of adjustments over a period of time. If you cut it all out at once, you'll definately feel deprived. try cutting sugar for two weeks first, then add the caffeine. You'll notice it less. I cut mine and added calorie restrictions and have lost nearly 30 pounds (27! ) since the end of January! It's well worth the effort! GOOD LUCK!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
(male)

nedfrin HB User

tiny bit of diet coke in early afternoon is my trick. but other than that, coldturkeying, with alot of sleep.

WARNING: dont mistake hunger with sleepyness.

Last edited by nedfrin; 06-06-2005 at 01:21 PM.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I have quit most sugar item, I have controlled my alcohol consumption to quite low, I quit smoking 20 years, but I draw the line a caffeine. I will NEVER give up coffee, in fact, I have left STRICT instructions to bury me with a very large thermos of strong steaming coffee. I don't want to doze throughhout all eternity!

Old 06-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #5
(female)

AmandaH HB User

I can give up sugar pretty easily. I don't eat too many sweets at all. But, DON'T mess with my coffee. I don't drink a lot - maybe 1 or 2 cups a day, but I do require it to function. I also enjoy a Diet Pepsi on occasion.

Old 06-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Yah, I agree with Amanda, I don't drink TOO much coffee. I don't drink any more than 2 cups a day. I read that coffee has health benefits too,lol.

Closed Thread