It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #1
(female)

cka2525 HB User
protien bars

Hey guys! I'm going to the market today! But I wanted to ask about those atkins advantage bars. They have no sugar in them and around 220 calories. But they say its for a low carb diet but they have around 20 g of carbs in it?! I'm not on a low carb diet, I'm just looking for protien and they have around 10 grams. Are they okay? What about those huge metfx bars or whatever you call them. Some of them have no sugar in them and they have around 25 g of carbs, but the protien is like 30 grams.
Oh yah and like 330 calories!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 10:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: protien bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cka2525
Hey guys! I'm going to the market today! But I wanted to ask about those atkins advantage bars. They have no sugar in them and around 220 calories. But they say its for a low carb diet but they have around 20 g of carbs in it?! I'm not on a low carb diet, I'm just looking for protien and they have around 10 grams. Are they okay? What about those huge metfx bars or whatever you call them. Some of them have no sugar in them and they have around 25 g of carbs, but the protien is like 30 grams.
Oh yah and like 330 calories!
Personally, I just found out about Luna bars. They are lower in carbs and sugar. I hate the low carb bars, they taste like crap. And those luna bars are high in fiber and about 10 gr of protein I think, AND they taste good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 10:16 AM   #3
(male)

Dexter77 HB User

I would buy something high in protein and low in sugar. Complex carbs are much better but if total calories are too high, you may have to eat those protein bars as a meal replacement. And what about fat content of the bars? I found that many of these products may be low in carbs (just as a reaction to low-carb mania) but still high in (saturated) fats.

Old 06-10-2005, 11:24 AM   #4

pgta5 HB User

Atkins Advantage bars have 2-3 gr of impact carbs. There is no way that there are any low carb bars w/ 20 grams of carbs. The peanut butter bars taste pretty good as do the Almond praline.

I also really like Cliff bars. They taste more natural and there are a lot more variety in flavors.

Old 06-10-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
(female)

cka2525 HB User

hey guys thanks for the input. its jsut hard to find a protien bar thats high in protien, low in calories, low in sugar, fat, and carbs! riseboi, great idea about the homemade protien bars, i am going to look for a recipie!

Closed Thread