It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Just making it worse...

Yesterday all I did was eat and I felt really bad about myself. So I decided only to eat dinner today. I woke up around 11, had some coffee, a SF red bull later on, went to the gym and ran 3 miles, and then ate dinner around 6pm (starving at this point). I ended up cleaning my plate and THEN getting frozen yogurt with sprinkles afterwards. My dinner was chicken barg (persian boneless chicken), greek salad, and some pita bread. It was a lot of food and I was STUFFED after I ate it. But how can I feel bad when I didnt' even eat anything else all day!? Yet I still do...

I just want to get on a regular schedule starting tomorrow. Breakfast, lunch, dinner...snacks if I want, but NO overeating. That is what really gets to me.

It affects the way I think of myself so much. Earlier I was feeling too thin (because I hadn't eaten) and now I feel like I am overweight. Why do I have such a skewed perception of myself!??!!?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: Just making it worse...

LS..you'r always complaining .. anyways..im just gonna tell you what i had for lunch..it was one pack of Brown Rice pasta 450g..I ate the whole pack wiht 5 meat balls and, cottage cheese..sooooooooooo.. it kept me going til supper..and, im not telling what I had for supper..you might drop to the floor..my point is -- Just eat and, burn it.. I keep reading what you eat and, for me those are like snacks..mind you, I over do it BUT, hey im a man.

chow

PS: LOLL jess..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2005, 10:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
LS..you'r always complaining .. anyways..im just gonna tell you what i had for lunch..it was one pack of Brown Rice pasta 450g..I ate the whole pack wiht 5 meat balls and, cottage cheese..sooooooooooo.. it kept me going til supper..and, im not telling what I had for supper..you might drop to the floor..my point is -- Just eat and, burn it.. I keep reading what you eat and, for me those are like snacks..mind you, I over do it BUT, hey im a man.

chow

PS: LOLL jess..
Yah, LOL jess...Well yah I can laugh about you being able to pig out and probably not gain a pound cause "Your a man!"
You never answered my question about that cereal in the other post!

And Ls, like I said before, when you are hungry, you do make wise and healthy choices. ANd if you aren't gaining a massive amount of weight, then what are you worried about? You eat very healthily.

Last edited by Jess75; 06-12-2005 at 10:16 PM.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:24 AM   #4
(female)

tdot HB User

LS!!!
"SF red bull later on"

What are you doing drinking Red Bull? It contains more caffeine than a cup of coffee!

Old 06-13-2005, 04:06 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

i just got home jess... what cereal are you talking about? chow

layta

Old 06-14-2005, 08:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
i just got home jess... what cereal are you talking about? chow

layta
It's called "Puffins" peanut butter by "Barbara's."

Old 06-14-2005, 09:00 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

what am I suppose to do with those.?? do you think I could eat them.?? chow xox

Old 06-14-2005, 09:05 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
what am I suppose to do with those.?? do you think I could eat them.?? chow xox
I was asking you in the other thread out of curiosity if there was any "gluten'in them. It says "wheat free" on the box and they are SOOO good.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:12 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

wheat free does not mean gluten free..LOLLL but you can have them..so pig out... call the phone number on the box .. oh and, let me know ..
buh bye

Old 06-14-2005, 12:56 PM   #10
(male)

jackinthebox73 HB User

why wheat free?

Old 06-14-2005, 02:15 PM   #11
(female)

Magnolia29 HB User

LS, if you think you messed up on one day of eating, then accept it and move on. It will not make you gain weight just because you didn't stick to a 100% perfect eating plan. Instead of starving yourself until dinner, which will make oneself soo hungry that he/she will eat anything they see, i think it is best to eat 2-3 mini meals with about 300 calories with a complete balance of protein, carbs, and fats. As active as I am, I could NEVER imagine running 3 miles just on coffee and SF redbull, no matter how much I ate the day before! Just try not to freak out so much!! The more you spend worrying about food, the more you will get to miss out on the important things in life!

Old 06-14-2005, 02:55 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

I agree- with the exception that the three mini meals should be your whole intake. This would mean a total of about 600 Cals in one day, which is not even close to enough to function, let alone go and exercise! One day won't make or break you (even though LS, you still are gaining as you claim!). People eat like this all the time, without counting calories or worrying about it- one day they eat more, the next less, the next higher, etc. Over a period of time (ie/ a week) it all balances out- hence the lack of the need to count calories and worry about it! Just try to eat normally the day after you feel you ate a lot- nothing will happen! I know this for two reasons: 1) when you 'overeat' you really still only eat under what most normal people eat in a day, so restricting more will only cause a deficit, which isnt what you want to aim for, and 2) because even if, lets say, hypothetically you gained a pound from 'overeating' (even though you would have to eat 3500 Cals EXTRA to gain it..). In order to support that extra pound, your body would need more energy put into it. THis would mean that you would have to eat a higher amt than normal, every day, to support that gain. If you eat normally on the other hand, your body won't be able to support that pound, and thus will 'shed' it. Think about how everyone else in the world does it!

Old 06-14-2005, 08:12 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

You are all completely right and I feel stupid for even having posted this in the first place. I really need to calm down about the whole food thing before it makes me crazy. Each meal I eat makes me feel either great or terrible and to give food that much control over my mood is WRONG. I am intelligent enough to know this, but not tactful enough to really realize it and act on it. I am going to try and be more realistic with myself. Thank you for putting things into perspective...and for putting up with my sometimes repetetive questions.

Old 06-14-2005, 08:21 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

What's redbull? Coffee?

Old 06-14-2005, 08:32 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

LS just think of me and, say..Wow!! that guy really eats alot..you will quickly realize how little you'r eating ..or maybe you are just eating normally..lol..just cheering you up or somtin..

Closed Thread