It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2005, 08:40 AM   #1
(male)

Anonym0us HB User
what "good" foods can i eat to gain some weight?

hi, im following a healthy diet (well i try to) for me and my skin. but im deciding to gain some weight 'cause now im only 120 pounds. im a guy and im thinking to go for 135 pounds maybe... so im wondering what good foods i can eat to gain weight faster without affecting my healthy diet? i really really want to gain some weight now. any replies would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
(female)

Miranda005 HB User
Re: what "good" foods can i eat to gain some weight?

hey there

Do you have a fast metabolism? That plays a big role in weight gain. But you stated that your on a diet for your skin, so i would assum its lots of fruits and veggies and plenty of water, maybe try increasing your carb intake abit? or animal fat intake?

Miranda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2005, 09:13 AM   #3

gfd HB User

You put that on the wrong board you should put it on fitness or Diet Nutrition. Well I weight 130-140 but now my weight is 120 somthing because my new job is making me lose weight I"m tall girl so I think 120 somthing is too skinny for me. Eating alot fast food is good for gaining weight.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #4
(male)

Dexter77 HB User

Eat quality foods and perform weight training. What do you eat on an average day? How much and what time?
I hope you want to gain muscles and not bodyfat.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:36 AM   #5
(female)

Jogaholic HB User

Hey anonymous -
To gain weight healthily, don't depend on fast foods (I don't know if that was what gfd was implying to do or not). I'm currently working on gaining a few pounds myself and have found that eating 6 times a day versus 3 helps a lot - increase your caloric intake by about 500 calories a day for a total of at least 3500 calories more than you need per week (that's one pound). It's healthy to gain a max of 1-2 pounds a week, so the idea of just binging for a few days to pack in as much calories as possible is not a good one. You said you already follow a good diet, so that's a great start. Add more fruits, veggies, and good carbs, as well as protein to help muscle mass. If you don't already exercise, you should - this will help extra pounds turn into muscle instead of fat. Weight lifting is great also.
Yogurt (not fat free), Ensure Plus (or other calorie-dense drinks used to gain/maintain weight), making your oatmeal or hot cocoa with milk instead of water, adding peanut butter to oatmeal or cereal, snacking on veggies with regular ranch dressing, or drinking fruit juices versus soda or just water throughout the day (try to avoid the high sugar kind, and look for 100% juice) are some ways to add calories to your diet to gain weight.
I make sure to treat myself to some type of dessert after dinner or a late night snack as well - this doesn't mean it has to be junk food. Sometimes it's fruit with yogurt, or a Luna bar and an Ensure drink...about 400-500 calories. Homemade trail mix is great as well - mix together anything you want because dried fruits have more calories than you think.
Good luck and stay healthy!

Old 06-14-2005, 03:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

-dried fruits
-nuts
-peanut butter
-lots of milk
-lots of meat, breads, furit and veggies, and such..
- 5 - 6 meals per day
- dont over excercise, but u still need to stay fit.

and yah..lol. i was gainin weight 2...just eat healthy foods that r high calorie based...if u eat cereal, instead of cornflakes for special k, eat all bran or raisin bran..whole wheat bread is good...

Old 06-15-2005, 03:42 AM   #7
(male)

Anonym0us HB User

thanks for all the replies. i really appreciated it.

Closed Thread