It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2005, 04:41 PM   #1
(male)

njurgens HB User
How to lose belly fat

How can i lose belly fat, i only weigh about 155-160 pounds but i have gotten some belly fat from the last four years of college. what excersises should i do and what foods do i eat to maintain my weight but lose the fat around my belly?

Old 06-16-2005, 06:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ding HB User
Re: How to lose belly fat

this question comes up again and again. theres only one answer - you cannot maintain weight in certain areas whilst losing it in others. its called spot reducing, and it doesnt happen. if you need to lose weight the only real way to do it is to lose it all over, so effectively yes you will be losing your belly fat, but in conjuction with the rest of your body too.

a good, clean diet including lots of fresh fruit/veg, whole grains, lean meat, fish, seeds and nuts will put you on a good path to getting in shape. also, make sure you're drinking lots of water. if you pair this with a decent amount of cardio vascular excercise e.g running, swiming, dancing, cycling etc. a few times a week, then you should hopefully notice a difference in the way you look.

you can improve the way your stomch looks by doing a range of conditioning excercises, e.g. sit ups, reverse curls, bicycle crunches, oblique crunches etc. (you can easily find out techniques for these moves in books, internet, asking gym instructors) this will help to tone the muscle in your core, improving the look of your stomach.

good luck to you, but just bear in mind that you cant target specific regions of body fat and that results won't come over night. good luck to you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
(female)

fawn512 HB User
Re: How to lose belly fat

Ding this is indeed the most asked question around here

For you not to repeat the info needed all over again, you can just copy and paste them from your computer to this board...

Closed Thread