It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2005, 04:35 AM   #1
(female)

UKDONNA HB User
What do i supposed to do about it?

Hi guys i have a problem with food..

i have pcos (poly cystic ovary's) and been told to cut my carbs down and to lose weight etc... i weight 238 pounds 24 yr old female..

i rave for carbs cush as pasta chips etc and when i eat these my head feels all funny, i get foggy and i also get hungry again within half hr of stuffing my face..

if i eat fattening foods, my back and chest hurt and i get alot of gas...

what is there thats i can eat thats healthy low carb and will fill me up?

i am still waiting to see a nutrisionist but i been waiting for over a year and i think the waiting list is still about another year to go.. (im in the uk)

any suggestions much appreciated
thankyou

Old 06-18-2005, 08:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: What do i supposed to do about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDONNA
Hi guys i have a problem with food..

i have pcos (poly cystic ovary's) and been told to cut my carbs down and to lose weight etc... i weight 238 pounds 24 yr old female..

i rave for carbs cush as pasta chips etc and when i eat these my head feels all funny, i get foggy and i also get hungry again within half hr of stuffing my face..

if i eat fattening foods, my back and chest hurt and i get alot of gas...

what is there thats i can eat thats healthy low carb and will fill me up?

i am still waiting to see a nutrisionist but i been waiting for over a year and i think the waiting list is still about another year to go.. (im in the uk)

any suggestions much appreciated
thankyou
They have these Geni Soy chips at health food stores that are low in carbs and taste good(ask your doc).
Can you eat fruit?
You can have yogurt, cottage cheese, veggies, meats, beans, oatmeal, nuts, seeds, maybe popcorn, peanut butter on an apple, and probably whole grain bread in small amounts. (that is if your allowed dairy and such).
Also, there's a wide array of options from different manufactures that are sold at GNC stores and probably wallmart that are good low carb snacks.
Atkins has a good variety and....
Keto
There's these snacks called "Pumpkorn" which are dry roasted pumpkin seeds
They have lean protein chips too. You probably want to snack in moderation and although this stuff may be pricey, at least you won't be eating like you claimed you were and may end up saving in the long run. So, maybe do a search on the web and perhaps purchase online or you can check vitamin stores. Like I said, Wallmart may carry some of these products too.
You prolly want to stay away from the white flowery stuff, like white breads pasta, chips, baked potatoes, sugar, and fried foods(which you prolly already know about). You'll be amazed how changing you eating habits will make you feel better.

Last edited by Jess75; 06-18-2005 at 08:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
(female)

rboyette HB User
Talking Re: What do i supposed to do about it?

Hello UKDONNA,

I am 28 5'5 at 183 was 190 two weeks ago. I also suffer from pcos. I had done quite a bit of research on pcos,dieting and ovulation. I have tried clomid and glucophage in the past. After much researching on the internet. I found out that if you eat a low carb diet that glucophage(metformin) will not affect your stomach as bad as far as upset stomach. I decided to put my self on a diet or my permanent way of living. I started out on the south beach diet and then kind of dr.phils diet. SO i guess I am on "my" diet.

I cut out white potatoes of any kind,bread,corn, fried foods of course I really didn't eat fried things to begin with. It's so weird I don't even crave bread anymore. I feel much better without it. I also cut 90% of my sugar. The only sugar I actually consume is two small glasses of sweet tea a day which is caffeine free and about three peanut m&ms. I cut out all processed foods which was a big step for me if you could have only seen my kitchen pantry before my diet change. I wasn't a bad eater it was just when I did eat my meals that were not the right foods. I did not snack all day long like a lot of people do. I have one small cabinet that I keep my packaged foods in which are Kashi Golean cereal (healthy) a package of Crystal Light and boxes of sugar free fat free jello and pudding. I only consume Lactaid milk 2% with just my cereal and that's it. I eat fresh vegetables and lots of salads with spinach and spring mix greens with a lite dressing. I eat 3 servings of fruits a day but I am cautious to the sugar in bananas and mangos and grapes.I eat chicken breast,steak,pork tenderloin, pork chops,fish,shrimp. When I eat meat I eat about 4-6 ounces and all the veggies I want. I eat lowfat cheese. Low fat lunch meat on a occasion with some cheese. Fat free yogurt is good but I only limit 2 per week. I keep Fudge popsicles sugarfree and basic popsicles that are sugarfree.I steam most of my vegetables(which you keep more of the nutrients in the veggies) I don't get hungry. Yeah!!

Don't forget water consumption- drink at least 8 - 8 oz. glasses and another 8oz. glass per 25 lbs you are overweight. Water is very important! Also make sure you are on a good vitamin that is chelated. You won't find them at Walmart go to a health food store. Just last week I started eating brown rice, sweet potatoes and wild rice only twice a week.

Hallelujah!! My cravings for high carb foods and sugar foods have disappeared. First week was kind of tough but then the second week was a breeze. I eat limited nuts I eat about 20-30 pistachio nuts a day. I try to exercise anywhere from 25-45 min 3-4 times a week. It's amazing how my body has changed already in just two weeks and two days. If I can do it anyone can! If I can be of any help please let me know. I'll be more than glad to chat with you. I am determined to lose 30-50 lbs to be able to achieve monthly menst.cycles so I can ovulate and get pregnant. I plan to have lost at least 30 lbs by Dec 31st,2005. I am the only one that can do this for me so I might as well start now instead of waiting till later.
I can and will achieve my dreams!! God bless!

Old 06-21-2005, 10:29 PM   #4
(female)

rboyette HB User
Wink Re: What do i supposed to do about it?

ukdonna,
sorry for the long post but I was just trying to share what I have been doing so far.

Good luck

Cheryl

Old 06-22-2005, 12:46 AM   #5
(male)

JoeSG HB User
Re: What do i supposed to do about it?

Hi there,

You should consider taking nutritions supplements with protein that doesn't contain purine. Im sure u will gain optimal health and still have lotsa energy. Good luck! ;-)

Closed Thread