It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User
im bored...so, what we ate AGAIN

Lol..i am so terribly bored. so i thought id post what i ate today for kicks..lol

Breakfast: 2 peices of peanut butter toasts
Orange juice (sunny D to be exact)

Lunch:
Baby Carrots
Vegetable soup...for sum reason i was wasnt hungry.

Snack:
Beef jerky
Diet Coke

Supper:
Skim Milk
Salad with croutons, almonds, lettuce and italian dressing
Beef cutlet
Kernel corn
Sidekicks rice
Homemade bun

Snack:
3 diet coke :S im hooked!
Air-popped pocorn and pretzels..

Old 06-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: im bored...so, what we ate AGAIN

Hey, you know i'll post, lol. I'm bored right now too.
Breakfast: luna bar 2 cups of coffee with splenda and fat free cream

Lunch: One whole can of Westbrae's hearty milano's minestrone soup(beans and veggies) with a little bit of low fat skim mozz cheese

Snack: Yogurt, glass of kefir(hollios), and one glass of this juice called Simply nutritious antioxidant juice with my scoop of green stuff.

Husband made some pizza(whole foods kind losec, lol) and I had one piece.
Dinner: Spinach salad, brown rice with one can of tuna and hot sauce all over it(i know i'm wierd) One glass of Rice dream milk.

Snack: one handful of trail mix(raisens, almonds, sunflowerseeds, cashews) and some cantelope and a pretty large bowl of strawberries with a teaspoon of organic sugar.(pretty bad sugar craving tonight and luckily my husband ate the chocloate, by the way, he's such a pig,lol, no I'm just kidding. I mean he eats too much junk) i'm getting tired and wierd right not and I think it's beddy bye time, LOL.

Of couse my calmag and fish oil.
Oh and I did an workout tonight called "Step it Strong" by Keli Robert's!! Interval training with aerobics and weights(45 min), it's real fun!! Oh and 15 minutes of yoga for back care by Rodney Yee. My back kinda hurts for some reason.
Actually, since i've cut out milk COMPLETELY for a week and have been pretty good with trying to eliminate gluten, I feel pretty good today. Last week was HORRIBLE though. I was so miserable, and we did have pizza like twice that week but I'm gonna find out once and for all about the gluten tomorrow.
Does it look like I eat enough for my height, I'm 5 ft 6 and a half(exaclty) and 128 pounds..29 years old? I'm asking this cause my doc wants me to have a test done for my thyroid but i don't think that's it. I think i eat enough to maintain my weight, or do you think it sounds like a DIET and that it doesn't look right. WHat do you think??

Last edited by Jess75; 06-20-2005 at 09:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2005, 02:02 AM   #3
(female)

sorrel2 HB User

Hey ... I am glad you guys revived this thread. I think it is helpful because I have TOTALLY lost touch with what normal people eat. (if you saw my other post you might know that I have no appetite, don't want to eat, but am gaining weight like CRAZY on practically no food and can't do a thing about it...wish I knew what was going on...)
Okay here's what I ate. It's a little weird because I have been trying out...um, alternative eating plans in an effort to fix whatever is wrong with me. Jessica I have also cut out gluten on the chance that's a factor in my problems...but it's funny because I recently ADDED dairy which I hadn't eaten for several years. Your food looks like enough to me but then...I have NO PERCEPTION at all, as I have said.

early morning: green "superfood" powder in water

breakfast: smoothie with strawberries, goat's milk yogurt, protein powder, a raw egg (seriously) and a tsp of flaxseed oil

dinner: salad with lettuce, tomatoes, lime juice, and about 1/3 of an avocado

As for exercise, I spent 2 hours riding my bike and 1 hour walking with my dog. Yeah probably too much for so little food but I am gaining, gaining, gaining weight and I don't know what else to do about it. Plus I like exercise.

Old 06-21-2005, 12:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

Hmm ok today isn't all finished so I'm going to do yesterdays..

Breakfast: Large blueberry muffin
Green tea
yogurt
Watermelon

Lunch: Can of tuna with ff mayo in a whole wheat pita
Nectarine
2 Oatmeal cookies

Snack (usually have more, but lunch was late..): blueberries (1 c.)

Dinner: Chicken breast with seasoning, salsa and lettuce/tomatoes in a tortilla
Diet coke

Snack: 1 c. blue berries, 2 cheesestrings

Old 06-21-2005, 01:05 PM   #5
(female)

tdot HB User

I'm posting yesterday too!

Breakfast
500 ml H20
2 slices wholewheat toast with 2 tbsp peanut butter each

Lunch
500 ml H20
Turkey wrap with shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, banana peppers, olives and mustard

Supper
1st sitting (before volleyball): 1 serving of homemade shepherd's pie and a small piece of coffee cake that I had at my friends when we were counselling her about her bf breaking up with her.
2nd sitting (after volleyball): About 6 tostitos with salsa and a Fantastic Big Soup Noodle Bowl (organic vegetarian reconsitituted soup - it's yummy!) and some lime water (basically just a bunch of concentrated lime juice and water - I do the same thing with lemon cause I love lemon/limonade but don't like it with sugar!

Last edited by tdot; 06-21-2005 at 01:08 PM.

Old 06-21-2005, 04:47 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

jessica you are doing great ..and, you are perfect for you height and, age.. yup(take it as a compliment)

my day..

BF,
corn waffles
penut butter(100%)
edan organic juice

lunch,

2 buckwheat sandwiches with aspargus
one peach
one banana
one pear
water

break,
organic yogurt(1)
perfect10 bar

supper,

one pack of corn pasta
3 sausages(all home made)
with my garden spices
edan organic juice

right now im here on this board, dunno what else to eat..LOL

haha jess.. you had pizza again ..

layta guys

Old 06-21-2005, 07:38 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

I feel like a cow compared to all of you! Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast (very hungry): top of a LF bran muffin (100 cals), cereal, banana, LF cottage cheese, almonds and raisins
Lunch/Daytime eating: Terra chips with ff onion dip, 10 jordan almonds, vegi cheese (2 slices), starbursts (5), little bit of frozen yogurt
Dinner: Chicken Lettuce cups, chinese vegetables

Oh and ZERO exercise. But I ran 5 miles the past 3 days, so I was planning on taking today off anyway. I feel gross about what I ate today. Chinese food is so heavy and I had wayyy too many carbs in the AM. Oh well...

Old 06-21-2005, 07:43 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

LS-- what are you saying..lol I ate like a whole pack of corn pasta 500mg at supper all to myself..LOLLLLL.. you did not eat enough again. .. i worked alot today so when i came home i just took the pack and, plopped it in boiling water..LOLL please guys dont flame me..

Old 06-21-2005, 08:15 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Asparagus, losec? You know I never tried asparagus in my life!!LOL I'm afraid of the taste.

Today wasn't so great at ALL
Breakfast: Ate some wheat crackers and a wheat granola bar(before all of my tests) 2 cups of coffee cal mag/fish oil

Lunch: 2 pieces of spelt with natural peanut butter and a cup of green tea

Snack: Handful of trail mix, glass of Rice milk(LOVE this stuff)

Dinner: Chicken breast with sweet potatoe, and a side of linguine noodles with red peps, gr peps(soo good)

Snack: Some rice cakes(ranch quaker, not sure if it's GF but since it says rice..you know) Glass of antioxidat juice and scoop of perfect green supp
Half of a box of tic tac's, the orange kind(love the orange kind)lol
No workout since I'm SO sore from yesterday I guess because I didn't workout for a week prior.....my muscles were missing me, lol.

OH YAH, I had a balance bar between breakfast and my spelt bread, duuhhh, i forgot!!

Last edited by Jess75; 06-21-2005 at 08:18 PM.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:19 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

LOL..not bad jess..btw/ tic tacs are GF here in Canada, dunno about down there in Phili..

Old 06-21-2005, 08:22 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
LOL..not bad jess..btw/ tic tacs are GF here in Canada, dunno about down there in Phili..
Pittsburgh, don't get it twisted!!
Just kiddin

Old 06-21-2005, 08:40 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

Ooops, my bad..lol atleast i got the first letter right..lol

Old 06-22-2005, 07:44 AM   #13
(female)

tdot HB User

Yesterday:

Breakfast
the top of a bran/berry muffin - only got to eat the top cause I had to run to Grand Rounds for 9am.
500 ml H20

Treat
5 Spearmint Leaf Candies from my secretary's desk

Lunch
Went to Kelsey's with colleague - had Caesar salad with grilled chicken and a lemonade

Supper
My bf wasn't home and I didn't have soccer or volleyball so I didn't bother making dinner. Got groceries and then snacked throughout the night.
6 tostitos with ~30g of cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup salsa
1/3 cup roasted cashews
1 1/2 cup Activia yogurt
1 can Perrier
1 cup Extra Spicy Clamato Juice (My bf and I love this stuff! It is low cal and tastes really good. I put a shot of lemon juice in it.)

Old 06-22-2005, 02:22 PM   #14
(female)

zusanna HB User

Ok today.....

Breakfast: Mini wheats w/ skim milk, banana, coffee
Snack: handful baby carrots
Lunch: Salmon salad sandwich (canned salmon w/ ff mayo), ff cottage cheese, corn, small apple, 1 oz dark chocolate (mmmm...)
Snack: handful of honey roasted peanuts, cup of canteloupe cubes and small glass of skim milk
Dinner: Haven't had yet....but I'm planning on fixing some pasta w/ tomato and basil sauce and lowfat mozz cheese. The pasta is Barilla Plus ww enriched w/ omega 3's. It's really good! And I'll probably also have a small salad w/ ff italian dressing and maybe a yogurt.
Snack: We're getting a movie tonight so maybe some popcorn or something.

I'm in the process of trying to gain around 5 pounds. I'm recovering from an ED and I went to my doctor yesterday since I haven't had a period for months and she told me I just need to put on a little more weight and it should come back. So that right there tells me I'm not at a healthy weight, even though I thought I was. My body is telling me to gain more. I'm 5'1" and 100lbs, 105 is my ideal weight for my height so that's what I'm aiming for.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:01 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

MMakep, haha this is wat I ate today

Breakfast:
raisin bran w/ skim milk (pure usual)

Lunch:
Peanut butter sandwhich
Apple

Snacks: