It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
(male)

pistolwhip3214 HB User
my diet...?

ok, what do i need to change...i mean can someone give me an estimate of how many calories im getting in a day?

lunch - 5 piece chicken nuggets from mcdonalds and half of a medium fry...i know fast food, but im at my fathers house, and theres nothing else...i also had a glass of deans tea or somethin like that.

dinner/snack - 2 soft tacos from taco bell with another glass of tea.

snack - 4 famous amos cookies

snack - turkey sandwhich with 4 famous amos cookies and diet rite.

i also drink alot of water during the day and for exercise i ran about 2 miles and did situps, pushups, leg lifts, and also lifted weights...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2005, 09:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: my diet...?

ouch I hope your 15 or somtin, cuz you'r eating lots of plastic food.. eyy.. next time you go to your dads or whatever bring a healthy lunch.. im sure you know what im talking about..dont ya ..
oh and, to answer to your diet, well its really not good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2005, 12:49 AM   #3
(female)

nikki11 HB User

hmm ur asking what you need to change? um id say apart from the exersize, everything! thats all fast food? thats not in the slightest bit healthy, fine once in a while but i sure hope u dont eat like that 2 often.. you'll set ur self up for high colestarol, heart disease, obesity etc.. whos buying the takeaways? cos if its ur father, u could always ask if he could give u the money and go to the supermarket instead, buy sumthink decent!

Old 06-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolwhip3214
ok, what do i need to change...i mean can someone give me an estimate of how many calories im getting in a day?

lunch - 5 piece chicken nuggets from mcdonalds and half of a medium fry...i know fast food, but im at my fathers house, and theres nothing else...i also had a glass of deans tea or somethin like that.

i also drink alot of water during the day and for exercise i ran about 2 miles and did situps, pushups, leg lifts, and also lifted weights...

Not really the healthiest choices...instead of those chicken nuggets and that half medium fry, you could have settled for a salad and a fruit cup (whatever that thing is they have).

Taco bell is also a bad choice

Although you only ate 8 famous amos cookies (i eat them too!) its about 300 calories. But its okay to eat those if you had eaten good the rest of the day.

I have to say though, you do exercise very well and thats definitly a good thing.....Just change your whole diet and keep the exercise and the water and tea.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

tthats my dream diet...lol. but im a health freak, so no..it will never happen.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:02 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolwhip3214

LOL, I think he's just joking around,LOLLLLL.

But if not, then I suggest that since you have a computer..you can educate yourself about healthy eating. Plus, you can check the threads called "what we ate today" just to give yourself a start, or at least an idea.

Old 06-26-2005, 01:59 PM   #7
(male)

pistolwhip3214 HB User

ok...im 16. and i know i ate a lot of fast food that day, but i was at my dads...plus im a teenager. i dont really believe that the right diet makes u cut out everything...say completely cut out pop, or candy...i think its just eating smaller portions of it...cause lets face it, im never gonna cut that out lol. but uh...i wouldnt criticize my eating habits lol, cause ive lost 90 ibs eating kind of like this...and it only took me 7-8 months...i just made my portion sizes smaller, i dont want to get into the habit of counting calories...i dont want to worry about it...i wanna live life, not let food live it for me...

Old 06-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #8
(female)

nikki11 HB User

fair enuff pistol, but ya did ask hehe.. if its working for u good on ya
lol sammy, tis my perfect diet too, but wont happen either!

Old 06-26-2005, 05:43 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

My brother is about your age and also basically eats like that. Until you're older, you can totally pull it off

A couple things I would suggest:

- at Mc'ds, try a side salad instead of fries- but if thats kinda too diet-y, at least try to get water or diet pop instead of regular pop, and don't upsize it! Also consider getting a grilled chicken sandwich instead of the mcnuggets

- At taco bell, try their fresco option (takes off cheese and sauce, adds a salsa)..or just ask for only a lil cheese and add the mild/hot sauce yourself!

- try to have breakfast- cereal and milk, fruit, eggs, cheese, toast, etc. It will make you less hungry later on..unless of course you wake up late in the day..then try to have a brunch that is somewhat healthy (ie/ has some fruits, protein and maybe calcium)

- Try to get in a lot of veggies and fruits...especially nutrient rich ones! Ask for them as sides in restaurants, or ask for extra tomato/lettuce on your burger/taco/etc, or have them as snacks!

Also, try not to eat out for the majority of your meals...its not that its completely unhealthy, its just that variety is key to a healthy diet! (It's also expensive!)

Hope that helps (Congrats on the weight loss too!)

Old 06-26-2005, 05:58 PM   #10
(male)

pistolwhip3214 HB User

i usually dont eat like that. usually ill have a nutri-grain bar in the morning...a turkey sandwhich with some cookies at lunch, then sometimes ill eat out, or ill just have another turkey sandwhich and cookies. but i just got diagnosed with mono, so that sucks. ill prolly lose a lot og weight, cause im so tired and dont feel like eating.

Closed Thread