It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2005, 02:33 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

daystar91 HB User
Trying to eat better..........Need some help doing it...

Hi,
I have a question about what to eat to go on a diet but still eat healthy...I've been working out alot lately for the last three weeks lost about seven pounds but then sometimes i'm afraid to eat anything....I have Crohn's diseases so i do not eat red meat, pork, greasy foods or dairy...I also try my hardest to stay away from caffine...
Lately i've been eating alot of turkey and chicken like i usually do....I've been mixing in more veggies with my meals like grean beans, alot of brocoli, peas, and aspargus....I still sometimes eat pasta but the healthy pasta that's made out of wheat...I eat alot of salads that i'm becoming so sick of salads....Lately i've only been eating dinner because i just don't know what else to eat....I also been eating alot of fruit like apples, canaloupe, strawberries, and plums for snacks...Any suggestions...Is rice good for you???Could someone make me a list of foods that could help me eat better through out the day....Thanks

Old 06-26-2005, 06:11 PM   #2
(male)

Texasborn HB User
Re: Trying to eat better..........Need some help doing it...

First of all your doing it all wrong. Not to let you down. You shouldn't be scared to eat in the day. In case you don't know, fat does not make you fat unless you eat it in large amounts. Fats actually help you burn fat. If you suddenly stop eating any type of macronutrient like fats, carbs and protein, or create a large calorie deficit all at once your body will think that you are starving and shut itself and your metabolism down. Your must eat five small meals a day all containing all of the macronutrients every two hours. Eat carbs during the morning. You are most likely not to store fat at this time. Also if you do not eat breakfast, you lose muscle. I noticed that you said that you lost seven pounds. Great! The only problem is that it was probably muscle loss and hardly any fat loss. With the way your eating, you will come to a weight loss plateau. I also noticed that you wanted a list of foods you can eat. Do not eat processed foods or sugary foods. Only eat natural foods. Rice makes you gain fat. If your craving carbs, eat whole grain carbs such as brown rice, whole wheat pasta and whole grain bread. Also, do not eat white potatos. Remember, look for the color. Brown is good, white is bad.
Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

daystar91 HB User

What about granola bars, are they good for you???I was eating in the morning a healthly cerealy, i can't remember the name of it but it...The cereal had like granola and fruit in it...But then all of sudden i stopped eating breakfast...Also i'm a tea drinker, is tea good for you???I drink decaffinated lipton tea.....Thanks...

Old 06-27-2005, 09:00 AM   #4
(male)

Texasborn HB User

I'm not sure about granola bars. I think as long as they are low carbs and have fiber then they are okay. Tea is full of antioxidants so it's healthy. But when your drinking tea, try to drink decaffeinated because caffeine causes insulin spikes. The same with coffee.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

Isn't granola filled with sugar? I don't know... just asking.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:39 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

daystar91 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme_
Isn't granola filled with sugar? I don't know... just asking.

Hi,
This is what i'm trying to figure out..My husband always buys Nature's Trail i think that's what they are called but not any flavored one just the regular honey and oats...What kind of meals do you make for dinner???Lately i've been making the same meals over and over again???

Closed Thread