It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2005, 05:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User
Why is soybean milk bad for your health?

Anyone? And does soybean oil contain trans fats?

Old 06-30-2005, 08:55 AM   #2
(female)

manda16 HB User
Re: Why is soybean milk bad for your health?

Soybean milk has about 4 g of fat, and has been proven to be low in saturated fat. It is also shown to help prevent breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer and osteoporosis. For many people, soy is much easier to digest than dairy products, and has a higher vitamin content than milk.
I think that drinking soybean milk is very beneficial to your heath.
Mandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 09:13 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by manda16
Soybean milk has about 4 g of fat, and has been proven to be low in saturated fat. It is also shown to help prevent breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer and osteoporosis. For many people, soy is much easier to digest than dairy products, and has a higher vitamin content than milk.
I think that drinking soybean milk is very beneficial to your heath.
Mandy
I'm afraid you have been mislead by the soy industry propaganda. Use your search engine "soy danger' and do a little reading. Phytates, haemagluttins, protease inhibitors and isoflavones not to mention the added aluminum and other heavy metals or maybe the "residual" solvents. This stuff has been show to affect your thyroid in as little as one month with just a single cup per day.

Old 06-30-2005, 11:41 AM   #4
(female)

manda16 HB User

It is true that in many soy products (and any other processed foods) contain many harmful added substances, but the soy bean it self is not dangerous, and has many health benefits.
If you are worried about consuming harmful chemicals or preservatives, then do not eat inorganic or processed foods.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:19 PM   #5
Inactive

Michael01 HB User

Racehorse or anyone: What are your thoughts on 100% Soy Protein powder with Phytonutrients? I just started using this product. I'm taking it because I read an article that it improves Cholesterol numbers. Racehorse, you mentioned the negatives about Soy and just want to know if it applies to what I just started taking. It does mention on the container that it has no saturated or trans fat and contains 18 trace minerals plus a high level of Isoflavone a non protein component of soybeans. Thank you.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:33 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

Isoflavone is one of the great hypes of all time. The soy people have taken one of the great negatives about soy beans and soy products and made people think it is good for them. Soy Isoflavones are estrogenic like plant hormones. If you think taking extra estrogen is a good idea then soy products are for you. It has been suggested and claimed by the Soy industry that isoflavones reduce menopausal symptoms (this is not true) by replacing missing natural estrogen. How they can then turn around and sell this stuff as baby formula I have not yet figured out. I recall the old folk wisdom from Japan ... tofu for the wayward husband ... there is a reason why monks eat it ... reduced libido. While I am not familar with the product you mention, I do know that almost all soy on the market today (85%) is Genetically Modified and that the industrial processes used to create soy products require extremely high temperatures, solvents and leached metal contamination. I can tell you that you will get a nice dose of excitotoxins (msg or similar molecules) that are clinically proven to destroy hippocampus (that's in your brain) tissue. I guess what I'm trying to say is this will harm your health quicker than any food product you can eat.

Old 07-01-2005, 03:29 AM   #7
Inactive

Michael01 HB User

Racehorse, many thanks for your messages. I did a search on soy danger. I couldn't believe what I was reading but I know it's true. I never thought of doing a soy danger search before because everything that I read about soy was so very positive. Fortunately, I've only been on the soy product that I mentioned for 2 days. Won't be taking it anymore. Again, thank you.

Old 07-01-2005, 07:07 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by manda16
It is true that in many soy products (and any other processed foods) contain many harmful added substances, but the soy bean it self is not dangerous, and has many health benefits.
If you are worried about consuming harmful chemicals or preservatives, then do not eat inorganic or processed foods.
Funny, from what I have read, I have concluded that it is indeed the soy bean itself that is most dangerous and that it does in fact improve with some forms of processing (namely fermentation). And it is definitely not a matter of harmful chemicals and preservatives, it is the soy bean!

To me, the solution on this one is so easy. Even anti-soy people concede that many of the harmful effects are reduced significantly by fermentation, so if one believes there are benefits to be gained from eating soy, stick with fermented forms.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:43 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntjudyg
Funny, from what I have read, I have concluded that it is indeed the soy bean itself that is most dangerous and that it does in fact improve with some forms of processing (namely fermentation). And it is definitely not a matter of harmful chemicals and preservatives, it is the soy bean!

To me, the solution on this one is so easy. Even anti-soy people concede that many of the harmful effects are reduced significantly by fermentation, so if one believes there are benefits to be gained from eating soy, stick with fermented forms.
You are right that many of the problems with soy lie in the actual content of the soy bean. And you are also right that slow fermentation in a traditional chinese way can do much to REDUCE the antinutrients found in soy, but remember until recently even fermented soy products in Asia were mostly of the condiment variety and not the main dish. The problem here is the US is multifold. 1. There are few tranditionally fermented soy products available. 2.The production methods commonly used can and do produce high levels of contaminates in the final product. GMO soy amounts to about 85% of all soy produced in the US.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:47 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

WHAT BLOWS MY MIND IS, that the media or whatever (FDA) advocates 25grams a day for GOOD health!!!! I really don't get it, LOLLLL.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:47 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael01
Racehorse, many thanks for your messages. I did a search on soy danger. I couldn't believe what I was reading but I know it's true. I never thought of doing a soy danger search before because everything that I read about soy was so very positive. Fortunately, I've only been on the soy product that I mentioned for 2 days. Won't be taking it anymore. Again, thank you.
I'm glad that the information was helpful. It is an amazing PR victory for the soy industry when almost all the popular media presents a positive image of this most dangerous US food crop. I hope you will join with me and "tell a friend" about the very large and complex dangers presented by soy consumptionl.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

maybe they want you to be sick..jessica.. you can learn better from us, trust me

Old 07-01-2005, 08:55 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
maybe they want you to be sick..jessica.. you can learn better from us, trust me
Yes, I'm starting to become anti-government,lol.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:18 AM   #14
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

WOW, that is soooooooooooooo sexy..LOLLLLLLL

gogo jess...

Old 07-01-2005, 12:30 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
WOW, that is soooooooooooooo sexy..LOLLLLLLL

gogo jess...
LOLLLLLLLLLL

Closed Thread