It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2005, 03:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Which vegetables to cook or eat raw!

Hi,
I'm curious to know which vegetables are best to cook and which are best to eat raw. No wonder I get sick from eating cruciferous veggies raw(the goitrogens as racehorse pointed out). Which ones do you think are the best to eat raw, and best to eat cooked.
How do you eat them raw? Do you usually use dip(they taste like crap without anything on them.) Why do vegetables taste so bad without all good fattening stuff?lol Why don't we have an acquired taste for them since they are supposed to be a vital component in our diet? I LOVE veggies in stir fries and with some kind of "dairy" based fattning dip. Any suggestions. thanks

Old 07-03-2005, 06:23 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User
Re: Which vegetables to cook or eat raw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicca
Hi,
I'm curious to know which vegetables are best to cook and which are best to eat raw. No wonder I get sick from eating cruciferous veggies raw(the goitrogens as racehorse pointed out). Which ones do you think are the best to eat raw, and best to eat cooked.
How do you eat them raw? Do you usually use dip(they taste like crap without anything on them.) Why do vegetables taste so bad without all good fattening stuff?lol Why don't we have an acquired taste for them since they are supposed to be a vital component in our diet? I LOVE veggies in stir fries and with some kind of "dairy" based fattning dip. Any suggestions. thanks
Crudites such as the usual carrot sticks, celery, squash sticks, cukes etc can be livened up with a 30 min soak in a dilute vinegar bath with a few ice cubes. I like a rice wine vinegar for this purpose. There is enough tang that dairy (ugh) dips are not necessary. Most any healthy veg can be diced or sliced for a chop salad so go to a good produce market and buy something new and give it a try.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread