It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #31
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: wow..imagine all the cals i ate today!

this is a sample of my day today....i also gave up posting here becaus duh.. lol i eat tooo healthy..but, ill do it for our little Sammy..she must be so cute..hehe

my day..

4 buckwheat toasts
almond butter(very expensive btw/)
1 banana
rice milk

lunch..

home made Risotto
with my garden vegetables
carottes, peas, red peppers..etc
with organic veal cubes

break time..

4 turkey jerkys(No Msg's, No Gluten, No Sulfites)
extra lean
cold organic green tea, with crushed ice cubes..

supper..

organic Gluten free brown rice elbos, with chick peas..with aged parmesan cheese... with home made sauce..and, homemade saussages..
My garden salad..and, my garden cucumber.. with a glass of soy milk

and, now im having cantalope chunks that i made.. hehe ...

and, that was my day..

hmm its hard to beat that..lol im nice and, full..not overkill but, full..lol

what the ya think jess... ??

Old 07-07-2005, 09:59 PM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

hehehehe, too funny Losec.
I think it was fabulous!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2005, 11:30 AM   #33
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

20mg. you were going pretty good there until I saw the dreaded "SOY" word. Search "soy danger" and you'll never drink soy milk or eat soy again. Good luck on the gluten free diet I know how easy it is to make a mistake.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

o racehorse, nobody is perfect...lol. o and jessica to answer ur "orthorexic" question...its an eatign disorder..the most newest. its when ur a TOTAL health nut..u eat all healthy foods, u excercise regularly BUT ur so obsessed with it, one lil "slip" u go insane. literally INSANE! therefore...ur just lacking the fun stuff...look at this..

The Bratman Test for Orthorexia

Do you spend more than 3 hours a day thinking about your diet?

Do you plan your meals several days ahead?

Is the nutritional value of your meal more important than the pleasure of eating it?

Has the quality of your life decreased as the quality of your diet has increased?

Have you become stricter with yourself lately?

Does your self-esteem get a boost from eating healthily?

Have you given up foods you used to enjoy in order to eat the ‘right’ foods

Does your diet make it difficult for you to eat out, distancing you from family and friends?

Do you feel guilty when you stray from your diet?

Do you feel at peace with yourself and in total control when you eat healthily?

Yes to 4 or 5 of the above questions means it is time to relax more about food.

Yes to all of them means a full-blown obsession with eating
healthy food.

so yah. ur a total health nut its serious..ur not near as socialble or outgoing and it sucks

Old 07-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #35
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

racehorse, can you post one of your days so we can all see what kind of foods you eat and what your diet is like daily?

Old 07-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #36
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

relax little Sammy, trust me it doesnt suck..bacuz when everyone tells you, you look good..and, then they say whats your secret..and, you say haha..lol .. thats when you will feel much better about evrything and, you will know you'r on the right track.. Sooo dont worry about it... nobody is perfect around here except for me..LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL..

oh and, I answered yes to all of that list

Last edited by Losec20mg; 07-08-2005 at 04:29 PM.

Old 07-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #37
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

Yesterdays menu as I remember it.
I had a berry shake for breakfast and followed my recipe
My Favorite Morning Shake

I bag (16 oz.) Black Berries
Any fruit will do
4 tbls fresh ground flax seed
I have switched to the golden variety for taste
25 grams egg white protein
Try whey if you can't tolerate egg
16 oz. homemade almond milk
Its has no added sugar but you might use Almond Breeze from the grocery. Avoid Soy at all costs!!
1-2 tsp. Coconut oil ( optional, but don’t substitute veg. Oil of any kind for the coconut oil.

If the drink is not sweet enough you can add a couple of drops of stevia extract. Make it v. thick and difficult to drink through a straw to stimulate your mouth (and digestive system).
This keeps me going ( 150 lb. male) from early morn to a late lunch with rarely a need for a late morn. snack. This recipe makes two large glasses and can be halved but take care about reducing the protein content.

Ground flaxseed should be used immediately as the very fats that are a big part of its value (omega 3's) oxidize v. rapidly. Depending on how ground flaxseed is stored it can begin to turn rancid in minutes. I use a coffee grinder and make mine just before putting it in my morning shake. While I use 4 tablespoons, that is a bit ambitious for those newcomers to ground flax. Start low and work up and always remember to take plenty of fluid with flax.

For lunch

1/2 chicken breast (roasted and leftover from last nights dinner, rocky range organic)
1 Red bell pepper organic
2 small tomatoes conventional
1 peach conventional

snack
small handful of almonds organic

dinner
about 8oz. new york steak trimmed of all visible fat neiman ranch beef and flame grilled w/ a spiced rub.
Steamed brocholli w/ lime butter
pan seared raddiccio w/ x virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
sliced tomatoes w/fresh basil conventional
fresh bing cherries organic

You will note zero gluten, grains, dairy or legumes. Yesterday's food was v. simple but I often get more elaborate, especially if we are having guests. Also yesterday was unusual in that there are no greens, usually I have a mixed salad at lunch or dinner and often our choice of veg might include greens of some sort. In addition to my multi vitamin/mineral I take 200 mg. of Co Q10, extra Vit C and purified fish oil.

Old 07-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #38
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

I forgot to mention I drink purified water and an occasional cup of green tea unsweetened.

Old 07-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #39
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

Sorry but I do have a thought about the water. I try to drink little or no water with meals. Being older now I have found that diluting stomach acid does not promote good digestion.

Old 07-08-2005, 06:03 PM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyT
o racehorse, nobody is perfect...lol. o and jessica to answer ur "orthorexic" question...its an eatign disorder..the most newest. its when ur a TOTAL health nut..u eat all healthy foods, u excercise regularly BUT ur so obsessed with it, one lil "slip" u go insane. literally INSANE! therefore...ur just lacking the fun stuff...look at this..

The Bratman Test for Orthorexia

Do you spend more than 3 hours a day thinking about your diet?

Do you plan your meals several days ahead?

Is the nutritional value of your meal more important than the pleasure of eating it?

Has the quality of your life decreased as the quality of your diet has increased?

Have you become stricter with yourself lately?

Does your self-esteem get a boost from eating healthily?

Have you given up foods you used to enjoy in order to eat the ‘right’ foods

Does your diet make it difficult for you to eat out, distancing you from family and friends?

Do you feel guilty when you stray from your diet?

Do you feel at peace with yourself and in total control when you eat healthily?

Yes to 4 or 5 of the above questions means it is time to relax more about food.

Yes to all of them means a full-blown obsession with eating
healthy food.

so yah. ur a total health nut its serious..ur not near as socialble or outgoing and it sucks
YIKES, I'm orthorexic....LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
I pretty much fit that whole criteria!!!

Old 07-08-2005, 06:05 PM   #41
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlygirl11
racehorse, can you post one of your days so we can all see what kind of foods you eat and what your diet is like daily?
Girly girl, I swear that you read my mind sometimes(or that I read yours or something), LOLLLLLLLLLL. I've been wanting to ask him that too!

BTW racehorse, looks pretty healthy, but I'm still not TOTALLY convinced about NO grains, beans or rice. Wheat may be a problem for some but....I dunno, lol

Last edited by Jess75; 07-08-2005 at 06:09 PM.

Old 07-08-2005, 06:07 PM   #42
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

racehorse, you need a garden if you wanna go healthier.. yup.. ..
i guess your schedule was alright.. .. but, whats wrong with some buckwheat bread..like say a chicken sandwich for lunch.. ? buckwheat as in buckwheat GFree.. i also make my own wine..nothin like home made vino..

Old 07-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #43
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicca
Girly girl, I swear that you read my mind sometimes(or that I read yours or something), LOLLLLLLLLLL. I've been wanting to ask him that too!

BTW racehorse, looks pretty healthy, but I'm still not TOTALLY convinced about NO grains, beans or rice. Wheat may be a problem for some but....I dunno, lol
It is not "pretty healthy" it's the real deal... go search paleo diet and find out the facts about grains and beans (uh, rice would be a grain just like corn). You'll end up a paleo girl yet! LOL

Old 07-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #44
Senior Veteran
(female)

Really, I just read an article today about how whole grains are good for lowering cholesterol, and sustaining insulin levels. I was reading about brown rice pasta by the way. I know wheat isn't tolorable FOR many people, but I think oats, brown rice, and beans are good. I don't know, it's just hard for me to believe you know? Oats sweep cholesterol(I read) like one is mopping up the floor.(some kind of analogy like that, lol) Plus, it contains b vitamins and the sort. I NEVER read anywhere that beans are bad.
I don't like meat too much, like I say, so i''d have a real tough time eating like that. I guess it all depends on how one FEELS on their own diet or regimine or whatever.

Old 07-08-2005, 06:27 PM   #45
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
racehorse, you need a garden if you wanna go healthier.. yup.. ..
i guess your schedule was alright.. .. but, whats wrong with some buckwheat bread..like say a chicken sandwich for lunch.. ? buckwheat as in buckwheat GFree.. i also make my own wine..nothin like home made vino..
I am not sure a garden would improve my diet but it is always great to eat produce that is minutes old. Buckwheat is a special situation and while I have no direct indications that it can be problematic I trust in nature and so prefer to eat pretty strictly a paleo/evolutionary diet. Wine is certainly the least problematic alcoholic drink and for those that can enjoy a glass with dinner from time to time I say ah salud. I would like to know what you felt was problematic with yesterday's menu? BTW I did go the substitution route with other GF foods to recreate gluten based foods but now that I have adopted the paleo diet I find little desire for a sandwich. There is something liberating about abolishing the agricultural grain concept of daily nutrition.

Closed Thread