It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

hermosahada HB User
new improved diet

ok i kinda slowly upped my calorie intake....will i gain on this?? will i continue to lose??? i am scared, but i am trying cause i dont want to have ehalth probablems from like starving....ok here it is new and improved:

breakfast: 1/3 cup oatmeal with (splenda)

Snack: apple (med)

Lunch: 2 protein shakes (2 serv.)
1 tlbspoon of npb

Snack: Apple
Energy drink

Dinner: 6 eggwhites (w/ hot salsa and mustard)

*i cut out the gum, but i drijnk i crap load of water, and sum green tea!!
its about 1000cal..1100cal...is that better??

Old 07-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User
Re: new improved diet

It's better, but you still need more. Like many posters said, you need to eat 2000 Cals at LEAST to maintain. You don't need to lose any more weight, and even if you did you still should be eating at LEAST 1300-1400 Cals, no less. If I would suggest an are I would say dinner, because most normal people have big dinners compared to other meals, and yours is almost nonexistant!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosahada
ok i kinda slowly upped my calorie intake....will i gain on this?? will i continue to lose??? i am scared, but i am trying cause i dont want to have ehalth probablems from like starving....ok here it is new and improved:

1 tlbspoon of npb

Energy drink

Energy drink? sounds sugary and caffienated, and the splenda, so very artificial and what is npb? The protein drinks can be very problematic depending on what the ingredients are. But in all just not enough food, and where are the good fats you need for proper metabolism and cellular repair? Whole eggs would be a start. You need more and better calories!! EAT ... Please

Old 07-05-2005, 10:49 AM   #4
(female)

hermosahada HB User
Re: new improved diet (updated*)

i drink protein isolate--> taste awsome, adn is the best protein powder out there...expensive though..but i dont eat meat...so i need protein...
Npb...is natural peanut butter...oh and dinner is very small, cuase im not a dinner person....,i get nauseus from eating a big dinner at night,,,,so i keep it very small....ok im slowly adding more calories....and this is what i am eating now.....its about 1200cal..maybe a lil under...but its getting better..its approx:30% fat/ 30%protein/40% Carbs
Breakfast: 1/3 cup oatmeal (splenda 2 packets)
1 cup soy milk(vanilla)

Snack: Apple/fruit
22 almonds

Lunch: 1 cup of brown rice
Protein shake

Snack: Apple/fruit
Tlbspoon of Npb

Preworkout: Energy drink
Post workout: Protein shake

Dinner: 6 Eggwhites (with salsa and/or mustard)

* the enrgy drink is sugar fre..its 20cals...and i drink it before i workout because it gives me energy for my workouts....made with splenda by the way.

Old 07-05-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

Protein isolate, does that translate to soy protein isolate? That would be a real issue. The one cup soy milk is a problem. One cup a day for a month can cause thyroid changes. The splenda is a dietary nightmare. Think about getting some professional help with your diet.

Old 07-05-2005, 01:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

It's better than the first one, but is still really too little. Your dinner, for starters, should be around 500-600 calories, and yours (i'd be surprised) if it hit like 100 Cals. Have another snack at night, too if you can, about the same size as before. and while the shakes may be good for a quick snack, as a lunch one shake isn't enough, nor is it substantial for a meal. The rice is good, but try having some veggies and protein-real protein like fish or chicken, and some fat like mayo or butter, etc. For dinner- you need way more, like I've said. I agree with racehorse- consider seriously getting a nutritionist or doctor's help.

Old 07-05-2005, 01:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

holy chicky....why so low on food?? are u trying to lose weight or maintain?

Old 07-05-2005, 07:15 PM   #8
Inactive

Jonistyle1 HB User

like the others said, really, REALLY too low. i seriously suggest getting some nutritional help. 3 protein/energy/whatever drinks a day?!? repeat to yourself,
"These are not real food." fine if you're a professional athlete, but i highly doubt the exercise you're doing requires these drinks. actually, i'm positive. there is no way you'd be able to train to the level that you'd need these drinks on the amount of calories you're consuming per day. you need someone to show you how to eat a BALANCED diet, which is not at all what you're eating now. fruits, veggies, protein (from MEAT, etc. not shakes), carbohydrates, fat, dairy . . . all of these are important and what you're eating now isn't even coming close. at least if you're not going to go seek nutritional help, try to include ALL the food groups and focus on FOOD, not supplemental drinks.

Old 07-05-2005, 07:55 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

yah that amount will make u loose, not gain.

Old 07-05-2005, 08:05 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:

1 tlbspoon of npb

Energy drink

Yah, I think your diet has a little too many protein shakes. Perhaps you could cut it down to one, and have a salad with a bunch of veggies in addition.(like girly said, increase your veggies) I would alternate perhaps egg whites one day with some kind of veg and whole grain(brown rice), and the next day maybe tuna with veg and whole grain, then chicken with veg and whole grain, etc. If you feel sick by eating heavily at dinner, then maybe you could eat your protein, veg and grain that i was just explaining about at lunch....and have your protein shake for dinner, along with a salad or something. And..that snack that your having before dinner with the energy drink.... why don't you have an apple with yogurt or something. Do you like cottage cheese? That first apple you could eat WITH cottage cheese. When you add up the cottage cheese plus the yogurt, you won't NEED that second protein shake. Apples with PB is also really good.

Old 07-06-2005, 09:46 AM   #11
(female)

hermosahada HB User

i dont eat any meat..only eggwhites...as a meat product...i will not eat veggie burgers, and all that processed junk....and i dont eat dairy products...so ya

Old 07-06-2005, 01:45 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
i dont eat any meat..only eggwhites...as a meat product...i will not eat veggie burgers, and all that processed junk....and i dont eat dairy products...so ya
I'm just curious, what kind of protein shake do you drink? What kind of milk do you put in it?

Old 07-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

So you don't eat meat or dairy or anything processed... were you like thi before you embarked on your diet? Why have you cut out so much?

You need some other form of protein other than eggwhite. Either that, or add more to your dinner... whichever way you look at it, its definately not substantial, and you need to eat more overall. Add in fish, nuts, peanut butter, nut butters, soy, tofu...etc. Anything you can.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:25 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

Quote:
Congratulations on not eating the fake meat and other processed rubbish! You did mention protein shakes and unless you have found the rare one made with egg protein you would be eating just that processed and probably soy junk that you don't want.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:28 PM   #15
(female)

hermosahada HB User

the protein shake...i mix with water...adn its not soy protein...its the protein from milk....i dont like fish..i tried it...i dont like meat..haven't eaten it for 3.5years.. me and milk dont go well...i am lactose intolerent.....i would add more to my dinner if its needed...but what?? will i gain if i eat a complex carb at night? spinich and olive oil???? i dont know....um...sweet potato...see i have am very busy..adn dont have the the time to cook for 40min or so..i have brown rice, natural..and u can cook it in teh microwave..or the stove...so that sfine and i can eat it at lunch...i dont liek to eat complex carbs at night.....stupid...maybe a salad?

Closed Thread