It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 12:10 AM   #1
(male)

nathanp0515 HB User
Too many soft drinks

If I do not drink at least 4 soft drinks during the day, my hands get kind of shaky and I feel like I need to lay down, it's not that I feel sleepy but rather, I think, mabey, that I feel fatigued. I start breathing a little fast, and I feel just generally shaky. Also, If I drink too many, I have the exact same symptom, same general shakiness. I don't know much about diabetes, but could the great amount of sugar be causing me to be insulin resistant?(forgive me if that sounded like I don't know what I am talking about)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2005, 02:57 AM   #2
(female)

*DottieGirl* HB User
Re: Too many soft drinks

Now I'm beginning to think that anything that is considered soda is really unhealthy for you. Or rather, carbonated soft drinks. I've started to sku my way over to iced tea though I'm not sure this would particulary benefit the teeth. Snapple has really good diet drinks and they have no carbs and are low carlorie, I've been drinking juices like this more and more and getting around casual carbonated drinks. But...diet coke will always be a guilty pleasure.

Last edited by *DottieGirl*; 07-05-2005 at 02:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2005, 09:53 AM   #3
(female)

Dawn36 HB User

If you're feeling shaky without it, maybe you are hypoglycemic; you can learn more about what that is by visiting other sections of this site.

As far as Snapple ice tea, it's mostly sugar. Why not make your own ice tea, so easy and you can control the sugar content, add some lemon juice if you like a tea/lemondate hybrid, and some fresh mint.

Old 07-05-2005, 02:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanp0515
If I do not drink at least 4 soft drinks during the day, my hands get kind of shaky and I feel like I need to lay down, it's not that I feel sleepy but rather, I think, mabey, that I feel fatigued. I start breathing a little fast, and I feel just generally shaky. Also, If I drink too many, I have the exact same symptom, same general shakiness. I don't know much about diabetes, but could the great amount of sugar be causing me to be insulin resistant?(forgive me if that sounded like I don't know what I am talking about)
LOL, well you just descibed caffiene addiction! If your sodas have caffiene that would cause what you describe.

Old 07-05-2005, 02:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

nathan i am SOOO with u. if i dont have my range of 1-5 diet cokes a day i die. i cant live without..like im hooked. MAJORLY

Old 07-05-2005, 03:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Yeah, it sounds like a caffeine addiction. If your looking to curb this, I would try to wean myself off of it, like start with 3 sodas for a few days, go down to 2 and so on. I like to have a pepsi or root beer every once and a while, but I only allow myself one glass a week or something(non diet kind).

Old 07-05-2005, 05:14 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

You need to consider an alternative to the caffeine and sodas. Besides the real consequences of artificial sweeteners there are other ingredients in most sodas that are very unhealthy. Phosphoric acid over time will unbalance your calcium levels and can lead to osteoporosis. The caramel color has also been implicated by some as an excitotoxin. There is just nothing good about sodas except to fatten the bottlers profit margin.

Closed Thread