It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 11:13 PM   #1
(female)

glycolysis123 HB User
Arrow Help me get organized and answer some Q's!

I can't seem to get organized with my diet. I feel like I never have any clear cut boundaries or rules with what I eat and for that reason I feel I'm never going to reach the results I want with my body and my health.

Although I would like to loose weight, it's not my top goal. I just like feeling healthy and would like to build up my muscles some more. I've been running a mile and half every day for the past 3 months and have recently (about a month ago?) begun doing weight training. I feel that if i build up more muscle I'll have less fat, i'll have more to work with when i go running and I'll just be fitter in general... I don't want to become some crazy body builder just to let people know lol

I want some help with organizing my diet a little more. What foods should I eat more of and less of to achieve my goal of more muscle (probably less fat)? How much meat or protein should I be eating a day? How can i keep track of this? What types of meat or the best to eat?

Can someone just give me any idea of how many servings of different foods I should have?

Also, how about protein powders and supplements? I'm only 17, so would taking protein supplements be ok for me?

Thanks.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:09 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ding HB User
Re: Help me get organized and answer some Q's!

you sound in a very similar position to me. i'm also 17 and have goals like yours i.e getting fit and healthy, with weightloss being a bonus.

as far as protein goes, you should be aiming to eat some in every meal. for example, maybe nuts as part of your breakfast, tuna in some salad at lunch, white meat or fish in the evening. also, after you've finished doiung your weights wou should aim to eat some protein e.g. a few spoons of cottage cheese or some eggs. this will allow your body to build muscle effectively.

you should aim to eat at least 5 fruits and veg a day, and try and eat a wide variety, something different every day. eat as many veghetables as you want, as its unlikely you'll put on weight through eating vegetables, and they'll help to ensure you get your nutrients and fibre. your health is always more important than your weight in my view.

try and include some whole grains in your diet e.g. brown rice (you could have this with your evening meal), oats (as porridge for breakfast) etc. these release energy slowly and keep you full so you're less likely to want to snack and make unhealthy choices.

also drink lots of water and herbal teas to keep you hydrated. they're pretty straight forward guidelines i hope, hope they helped. good luck to you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread