It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2005, 05:46 AM   #1
(female)

zeez HB User
Question Eating Clean

Ummmm, what exactly does that mean? I keep seeing that phrase around here and bodybuilding boards.

I'm curious because I'm a pretend bodybuilder, meaning I do it for fun and to see just how far I can go. I have a whacked out digestive system and I have to eat every 2 hours or I feel like crap. My diet is crazy in that I eat all the time. Lots of protein bars, yogurt, chicken breasts, meat patties, and bananas during the day. Then I'll eat cooked food at night (when I'm home) like huge amounts of veggies and cheese, some kind of meat (if my husband cooks), and something sweet afterward. I won't even go into the bad stuff like diet sodas and coffee creamer. Whatever the definition of "eating clean" is, I don't think I could do it, I'm just wondering what it is....

~zeez

Old 07-08-2005, 06:33 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ding HB User
Re: Eating Clean

clean eating, as far as i'm aware, means staying away from processed food. so for example instead of eating processed deli meat, you would eat a plain chicken breast or something. it means just eating simple, whole foods. not junk with additives or colourings in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2005, 06:58 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

From what I know it is simply turning to organic foods. Eating nothing but organic.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:04 PM   #4
(female)

zeez HB User

Thank you all for your responses!

sbdot -- that is exactly the info I have been looking for. I know the bad things in my diet, but what surprised me about your list is the soy products. I know there is some controversy about soy (there's a thread somewhere about it on this board). One of my favorite protein bars are Genisoy bars (yeah, I know they are very processed, with some bad stuff in them). Come to think of it, I do use soy in moderation, so I guess I'll not concern myself. I abuse other stuff -- veggies, cheese, and diet soda!!

This information is so useful to have in one place that I'm gonna print it and put it on my fridge! Thanks again!
~zeez

Old 07-08-2005, 09:15 PM   #5
(female)

MOMMY3 HB User

Gosh, seeing this, I am really eating unhealthy foods.......therefore, so are my kids. I stay busy w/3 kids under 6 years old. I'm finding it harder and harder to get them (and me) to eat enough veggies. Do you have any suggestions of quick, tasty, ways to eat them?? We eat lots of raw carrots, cucumbers, etc....and dip them in ranch dressing sometimes ...
I'm struggling with finding healthy foods to eat that are quick and don't take lots of time to prepare and dishes to clean up afterward. Need help with this, but i don't spend lots of time obsessing about what we eat either.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMMY3
Gosh, seeing this, I am really eating unhealthy foods.......therefore, so are my kids. I stay busy w/3 kids under 6 years old. I'm finding it harder and harder to get them (and me) to eat enough veggies. Do you have any suggestions of quick, tasty, ways to eat them?? We eat lots of raw carrots, cucumbers, etc....and dip them in ranch dressing sometimes ...
I'm struggling with finding healthy foods to eat that are quick and don't take lots of time to prepare and dishes to clean up afterward. Need help with this, but i don't spend lots of time obsessing about what we eat either.
I'd love some ideas for making veggies with dishes, or making them taste good. I'm into stir fries right now, and I make veggie omlets, and veggie pizza. But I hate RAW veggies for some reason. But cooked veggies on the side with salt is good too, i'm getting used to eating them without butter. I prefer cooked veggies unless i make a salad, so then i'll add all kinds of goodies like shredded carrots, gr peps, black olives, greens, etc. I like Newman's Olive oil and vinegar dressing...yum, it's really good.

Closed Thread