It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2005, 07:09 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User
Pregnancy and nutrition

Hello everyone,
I am 30 weeks pregnant and had an ED prior to getting pregnant. Although the pregnancy has gone very well so far I have completely let my guard down as far as my ED goes. That was a huge step for me. HOWEVER! I have been gaining weight very fast the entire pregnancy and now in my third trimester I am starting to really freak out. I have gained about 24lbs and my appetite just keeps growing. Please, please don't get me wrong I want to do what's best for my baby but I also seem to loose my self control. I have posted on the pregnancy boards a couple of times but people must be sick of me by now! I used to teach spinning and reebok so I was very fit before but now I can't work out more that two times a week for 20 min at most as I get way too tired.
I know the healthy foods to eat and for the most part I do. I only eat whole wheat bread, lots of fruit and veggies, grilled chicken, turkey, cottage cheese. My problem is I eat all the time! Does anyone know roughly how many calories I should be eating. Please don't say only 300 more than what I need or ate before as before I got pregnant I only ate 500-800 per day and adding 300 to that would be far from healthy or enough.
Any suggestions on how many calories ? I am 28 years old by the way and 5.0 ft tall ( I know I'm very short!).

Old 07-08-2005, 11:20 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User
Re: Pregnancy and nutrition

Bump for some replies!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi
Hello everyone,
I am 30 weeks pregnant and had an ED prior to getting pregnant. Although the pregnancy has gone very well so far I have completely let my guard down as far as my ED goes. That was a huge step for me. HOWEVER! I have been gaining weight very fast the entire pregnancy and now in my third trimester I am starting to really freak out. I have gained about 24lbs and my appetite just keeps growing. Please, please don't get me wrong I want to do what's best for my baby but I also seem to loose my self control. I have posted on the pregnancy boards a couple of times but people must be sick of me by now! I used to teach spinning and reebok so I was very fit before but now I can't work out more that two times a week for 20 min at most as I get way too tired.
I know the healthy foods to eat and for the most part I do. I only eat whole wheat bread, lots of fruit and veggies, grilled chicken, turkey, cottage cheese. My problem is I eat all the time! Does anyone know roughly how many calories I should be eating. Please don't say only 300 more than what I need or ate before as before I got pregnant I only ate 500-800 per day and adding 300 to that would be far from healthy or enough.
Any suggestions on how many calories ? I am 28 years old by the way and 5.0 ft tall ( I know I'm very short!).
Well, from my knowledge, your "pre-pregnancy" weight determines your basic caloric intake and from what MY doctor told me when I was pregnant, and also... that I will need about 250 extra calories a day.
Being hungry during pregnancy can be annoying, I was a pig monster, I was ALWAYS hungry..but i felt like I had to eat. I ended up at 155 pounds of weight that I was STUCK with(they say after 2 weeks, what ever you weigh is what your stuck with). Well, I was SOOOOO determined to lose the weight, that I started dieting RIGHT away and went all the way down to 122 pounds in 3.5 months, no joke. I'm 5ft6.5 and my body does not like that weight now though, lol. I got into fitness and nutrition and you seem like you know your stuff now. My point is, your probably going to end up dieting anyways since EVERY women has that extra fat after pregnancy. DON'T worry about it now....I know it can be a little daunting, but extra fat is important right now. BTW, I gained a total of 42 pounds during my pregnancy...I ate the right foods but it's just what mother nature wants I think, is for us women to gain weight for the baby, LOL. Don't worry, just be patient you'll lose. I just wanted to share my story cause I could relate in a way, but never had an ED but...GOod luck. LIke I said, about 250 extra calories(at least my doc told me that) on top of your pre pregnany weight(which is the amount of maintenence calories that will determine that).

Old 07-11-2005, 08:15 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

Jessica Thank you for your reply.
Indeed being pregnant is not that easy. I feel like a monster myself sometimes. I miss my body, I miss my sleep and at the same time I'm so excited that I can have this little miracle and hold her in my arms in 9 weeks!
You are right I will probably be on a diet for the rest of my lfe and hopefully loose the weight. Sometimes I get very overwhelmed and my hormones are not making it any easier.

Closed Thread