It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2005, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

pixiepink HB User
Exclamation Dizzy

This is only the third day on the South Beach diet and I feel totally awful!. The first two weeks I'm supposed to clean out all the sugar by not having carbs likes breads and fruits. I imagine my diet consisted of mainly carbs before I went on this diet. SO I imagined feeling like I would have a little less energy. I have NONE. My limbs feel so heavy and I am light headed. I felt this way yesturday and today. This can't be normal to feel light headed most of the day. I decided to give in and have a bowl of cereal today hoping I would feel better. I've heard only good things about this diet from the people I know who were on it.
Has anyone else experianced this while on the South Beach diet? Its actually kind of a scary experiance. Maybe I should skip phase 1 and 2 and move onto phase 3.
Oh, I'm new. With the history of type2 diabeties in my family (my Mom included) that this diet would be good for regulating my blood sugar so that I don't get diabeties. My Mom went on this diet and her levels are in a normal range now.

Last edited by pixiepink; 07-13-2005 at 09:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2005, 09:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Dizzy on South Beach Diet

How did you feel after you ate the cereal? Do you workout a lot?
Are you getting enough vitamins(b vitamins), iron? Water?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2005, 01:48 PM   #3
(female)

mamimaria HB User
Wink Re: Dizzy on South Beach Diet

When you detoxing your body dizzy spells even nauseusness will happen. Do you take vitamins? That might help you some.

Old 07-13-2005, 02:41 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Up your protein to counter this....I had the same issue on WW and had to change the mix of food. What are you having for breakfast? Maybe add an egg?

Old 07-14-2005, 01:24 PM   #5
(female)

pixiepink HB User

Thanks for responding. I do take prenatel vitamins (not pregnant now but will be trying IVF soon and wanted to rework my junk food habits before.) And a lot of whats on this diet are protein foods. I feel like I'm getting enough to eat but I think going cold turkey on the carbs was too much. I just couldn't wake up feeling like that another morning. (I was dizzy and my heart felt like it was racing most of the day) Yes the cereal helped. I had a sandwich later with more carbs in the bread. I still feel a little tired but muuuuch better.
I think I'll just limit the carbs but not delete them all together. And I do probably need to drink more water.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

yup, maybe skip the first phase and get right to the second. altho it would be better to get through the first phase first, to get over your carb addiction. this may sound weird but carbs are addictive and ur addicted... its like, an alcoholist will feel this way when laying off the alcohol, its just... aah i dont know the english term for it but its what u could expect from it. its not a bad thing... just hang in there, get through it, the rest of the diet will go so much better than when u would skip this part

Last edited by justme_; 07-14-2005 at 01:51 PM.

Old 07-15-2005, 11:36 AM   #7
(female)

joniann HB User

your brain only functions on carbohydrates, so when they are cut dramatically, you will experience being light headed, having headaches, etc.

Old 07-15-2005, 11:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

joniann on the first phase you can still get some carbs tho from veggies, just not very many! its not dangerous for only a week

Closed Thread