It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2005, 08:42 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Unhappy My jeans are tighter...

This is the worst feeling in the entire world. They still fit fine, but I can just TELL they are tighter. It makes me feel extremely anxious!!
It doesn't help that I feel fat today, in general, and so I'm sure I am making them feel tighter in my head (at least I hope that's the case).

I have to do something quick. I feel like my problem is my sugar addiction, in particular, frozen yogurt. I get it almost every single day, and sometimes get a topping on it (like Reeses PB cups or Sprinkles).

I am going to try and cut a lot of sugar out of my diet and fill up on fruit and stuff instead. I DO NOT want to gain weight. In fact, I wouldn't mind losing a couple of pounds (I feel bloated and fat).

Here is what I ate today. Where could I make modifications?
Breakfast: Fruit salad (melon, grapefruit, oranges, and pineapple) with a banana, and coffee with NF milk
Snack: 10 cashews, 1/3 cup special K (dry)
Lunch: Healthmex Chicken burrito from RUBIOS with a little guacamole, Light lemonade
Snack: 2 small hard candies
Dinner: Baby carrots and 2 sesame crackers (before meal); Stir fried vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, water chestnuts) and lite tofu (in a fat free honey soy sauce)
Dessert: Chocolate rice cake with a few chocolate chips, Frozen yogurt with Reeses PB cups

I am not saying I don't want to eat "normally" because as most of you already know, that is what I WANT to do, but I also eat very healthy and want to keep that up. From looking at my day, it is only the second half that bothers me (which is usually ALWAYS the case). I start my days off in a good mood, refreshed, and stable, and by the end of the day I overeat and am just WAITING until I can get my frozen yogurt/chocolate fix.

I think I am going to just get rid of frozen yogurt cold turkey and only allow myself fruit for dessert. Sound like a plan???
I feel so gross right now!.................................... ....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: My jeans are tighter...

mehhh LS, its not a 'Sin' to put on 2 or 3 lbs.. wat are you like, 135 now and, at 6' thats still slim.. you panik for notin.. ..I got nothing else to say.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:50 AM   #3
(female)

zusanna HB User

LS...I'm sure it's just bloating and that WILL go away!! You are still eating very light and you are still very thin. You definently don't want to be losing weight! And don't give up your frozen yogurt/chocolate. You want to stay away from restricting yourself and cutting things like that out of your diet is restriction and besides you like them right? And you look forward to eating them everyday so why take that enjoyment away from yourself? If you tell yourself you can't have them then that is only going to lead to cravings. When recovering from an ED you want to be able to legalize ALL foods. Of course you should still eat healthy but don't deprive yourself of some of the "not so healthy" foods either. You should be able to eat anything! Just don't restrict yourself ok? I know this is hard but it does get easier so hang in there!!

Old 07-14-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

I agree with Piscean..plus remember that you aren't exactly in a mental state to start eliminating whole food groups. Normal eating means eating healthfully and in moderation, and NOT denying yourself anything. You eat VERY light and VERY healthy (yes, candy included) and you shouldn't be worried about your diet.

Jeans are a pain to have and you have to know that a LOT of it is in your head. My suggestion is to get rid of those jeans, or put them away for a while. I know you may think that's just going to make you 'fat' but you haev to realize that you are quite skinny still and a few pounds would help your health. I would suggest that you either buy yourself another pair, ones that don't fit you like a glove, and put away these ones. It helped me a LOT to do that, and i only went back to my old jeans when I knew (1000000%) that I wasn't going to freak out if they were tight. LS you cannot ruin the progress you've made, and while you think it's a good idea to do this it really is not at all..just keep doing what youre doing and DON't wear your jeans..

Old 07-14-2005, 07:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

For some reason it just bothers me that I feel dependent on something. It has become almost routine to go get frozen yogurt (often with topping) after dinner, and it even stops me from going out sometimes because I'll choose to do that over being social. Or it will make me so full that I feel fat and don't want to go out....I hate that! That is the main reason why I want to cut back.

I already feel better knowing that I am doing this.

Today here is what I had:
Breakfast: Banana, blueberries, coffee with nonfat milk
Lunch: Chicken noodle soup, beet salad, chickpea and olive salad (small amount of each - premade)
Snack: 2 rice cakes and 1 sesame cracker
Dinner: Lean Cuisine Canneloni (260 cals), peas, lowfat cottage cheese, a few baby carrots

I am not going to try and lose weight - I just want to gain more control b/c I felt like I was losing it a little.

Quick question: which is more important for weight loss/maintaining - the diet or the exercise? I know they are both very important, but which do you think is more likely to cause weight gain? Worsening of diet or lack of exercise? I'm going to go with diet...

Old 07-15-2005, 03:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

Your day was very light today.. like I would guess between 1400-1600 Cals, which would put you at a diet plan to lose weight. Be aware that you can't just eliminate sugar or etc, but you need to them replace it with something. It's good that you're being healthy, just don't be fanatical about it (ie/ birthday parties, when there's something you're absolutely craving..etc).

Old 07-15-2005, 06:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

I am not completely eliminating sugar. In fact, look at my day and you will see that I still eat a lot of it....
It is just the frozen yogurt that was bothering me that I wanted to cut back on.

Breakfast: Coffee with nonfat milk, harvest powerbar
Snack: Banana, Some cashews
Lunch: Split pea soup, a few egg whites, some beets
Snack: Berries, grapes, apple
Dinner: 2 1/2 chocolate rice cakes with about 2 tbs peanut butter (maybe 3) and some chocolate chips (i don't know what inspired me!!!)
Snack: Most likely going to be something salty...

I hate that I ate the PB and chocolate for dinner, but that is what I was craving. Why is that? I should have eaten something wholesome...but I just wanted that!!

Old 07-15-2005, 06:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Add to that lowfat cottage cheese and some nonfat, no sugar added ice cream....

Why am I eating all sweets?!?!?

Was this a really bad day?? How many calories do you think I ate??
I was going to take tomorrow off from running, but now I feel like maybe I can't.

Old 07-16-2005, 03:18 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

Lol that always happens when you try to eliminate them! Murphy's Law..but not really..you're probably eating too little and therefore your body craves sugar for quick energy boosts. On top of that, you're probably missing something in your diet..nutrient wise..maybe not enough protein or complex carbs or etc.. I always find that if i try to have a VERY balanced diet (for a few days at least) and eat ENOUGH then I don't get cravings (as badly anyways..). Try eating more for starters, and maybe more complex carbs (ie/ for lunch try having sandwiches with whole grain bread and meat and veggies..)

Closed Thread