It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #1
(male)

j_mac3 HB User
Exclamation Too much or too little exercise?

I'm new to this site and i was wondering if i am doing too much or too little exercise. Okay to start off my day i walk my dog, if i work late i'll hop in the pool, and after work i ride my stationary bike for 20 minutes and then do 50 crunches forward and 50 crunches side to side. is this a good exercise system or do i need to add something. i am overweight and would like to lose so much weight. is there something i'm missing that i should be doing?

Old 07-15-2005, 12:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

liloulou HB User
Re: Too much or too little exercise?

I think it depends on your physical condition, how much weight you need/want to lose and interest. I think you are getting a decent amount of excercise based on the generality of the post. Just remember when you walk or swim to increase your heart rate (cardio) to an appropriate number so that you can burn more calories and increase your metabolism.
I think what is good with your routine is the variety. That will help keep you motivated.
In case you are interested, I do an hour of cardio on the elliptical machine 4 to 5 days a week and strength training 3 to 4 days a week. I am a 31 year old female who is looking to drop 30 pounds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 10:28 AM   #3
(female)

camille23 HB User
Re: Too much or too little exercise?

hey j mac, you're on the right track, but, try your hardest to get on your bike everyday, or swim everyday, and when you do get on your bike, gradually increase your minutes every time you ride, just push yourself everytime until you get up to 45 minutes. also, doing sprints on your bike is good to get your heartrate going. for example: warm up at a comfortable speed for 3-5 minutes, on minute 5 start your sprints: bump your speed or resistance level up a little really push it, for 2 minutes, minute 7 back to your normal speed, minute 8 push it!! minute 9 recover(normal speed) look at your minutes in intervals of 5 minutes(like above) : first 2 minutes push it!, 3rd minute recover, 4th minute push it!!, 5th minute recover, ect., ect. , ect., until you hit 20 or MORE minutes. ALSO, each time you sprint, as the intervals go on, try to put more intensity(resistance or speed) than you did the last 5 minutes. doing it it in intervals of 5 minutes might make the time go by faster for you, plus keep it interesting since you can think: alright i'm going to go harder and/or faster the next 5 minutes! anyway, just something to try. lol**

Closed Thread