It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Apple cider vinegar to lose weight?

A friend of mine told me she tried some kind of "apple cider vinegar diet" and she said that she lost 4 pounds in 4 days by using this plan. Right now, I'm desperately trying to lose 20 pounds by cutting my calorie intake down to 1000 calories a day (I may go over occasionally, but usually I'm pretty good about sticking to this plan). I have not weighed myself in a while because I wanted to give this diet a week to see if I got any results. But I'd love to try this vinegar diet, because I need all the help I can get.

Has anyone else ever heard of this diet? And if so, how does it work and have you had any success with it? I'd sincerely appreciate any feedback from you guys.

Dark Stranger - can't get into her jeans

Old 07-17-2005, 07:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: Apple cider vinegar to lose weight?

losing 4 pounds in 4 days is not to healthy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2005, 09:21 PM   #3
(male)

MrPaul HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Stranger
A friend of mine told me she tried some kind of "apple cider vinegar diet" and she said that she lost 4 pounds in 4 days by using this plan. Right now, I'm desperately trying to lose 20 pounds by cutting my calorie intake down to 1000 calories a day (I may go over occasionally, but usually I'm pretty good about sticking to this plan). I have not weighed myself in a while because I wanted to give this diet a week to see if I got any results. But I'd love to try this vinegar diet, because I need all the help I can get.

Has anyone else ever heard of this diet? And if so, how does it work and have you had any success with it? I'd sincerely appreciate any feedback from you guys.

Dark Stranger - can't get into her jeans

Can I ask you a question? Do you plan to drink apple cider and vinegar for the rest of your life? A diet will only temporarily help you lose weight, and with only eating 1000 calories per day your body's metabolism is slowing down because it thinks you are starving and will hold on to any body fat to help you survive. You know you aren't starving, but in essence you are telling your body that. Your friend lost 4 pounds of water weight i'm sure. Try reading up on what makes you gain weight, such as insulin response, high glycemic fruits, and processed carbohydrates. A low carbohydrate diet seems to be what you are looking for. Don't bother with some voodoo apple cider diet, when what you need to correct is what you eat and how it reacts in your body as far as fat storage is concerned. I wish you luck!

Old 07-18-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
(female)

Dawn36 HB User

If you lose any more than about 2 pounds a week, it's not going to "stick." You'll gain it back.

Old 07-18-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I attempted to begin this new "diet" last night with my first vinegra-water concoction, and after taking that first little sip, I understand why this is such an effective diet. People who drink the mixture probably become so sick to their stomachs after drinking that horrible liquid that they can't even think about eating. I had tears streaming down my face as I tried my hardest to get it down my throat...I don't think I got more than a couple of spoonfuls down before I poured the rest down the drain.

I'd rather starve myself than drink that mess again. *cringes*

Closed Thread