It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2005, 01:30 AM   #1
(female)

cricket_22 HB User
ALL fruit bad?

Hey guys, so my boyfriend is coming into town in 5 days, and I want to get just *a little* slimmer before i see him. I have a VERY restrictive diet of 1000-1200 cals a day and can't lose any more weight with that regimine. I work out, and eat only healthy foods...and I am 5'5'', 115-117...I would love to drop just a few more pounds.

So, my question is, would it be effective for me to go on a fruits and veggies diet only for 5 days?? And keep up the workouts of course. I would eat maybe some tuna for dinner to get my protein in, or egg whites for breakfast. But I went to the store today and stocked up on rasberries, blueberries, strawberries, nectarines, apples and bananas...not to mention bags of spring greens and carrots. What would the result be if i ate like that for 5 days? I know fruit has sugar, so would that cause me to actually gain weight? Thanks!!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2005, 07:59 AM   #2
(female)

Dawn36 HB User
Re: ALL fruit bad?

It's really disturbing to see so many people here whose obssession with being thin makes them willing to use food to manipulate their weight, irregardless of whether it's healthy or not. Yo-yo dieting for short-term reasons is NOT healthy. Yes, some people do need to diet to lose weight, but given your height and weight, you're not one of them.

You should have enough confidence that your boyfriend will be happy to see you as you are. If not, you'd have to question what he's attracted to...you the whole person or you, the body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 09:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

If this weight loss is only for short term, then I guess it would be fine. Everybody's body has a "set point" and it seems as though you hit yours since you need to even REDUCE your calories below 1200 which is the minimum healthy dieting amount. I think your weight is fine where your at cause 125 pounds at 5ft 5 is healthy give or take 10 pounds more or 10 pounds less and your 7 pounds less which in my opinion, I wouldn't go much more further especially long term. SO if I personally have to eat less than 1200 calories then I know it's time to stop but that's just me and it's just not too healthy. I'm sure you don't want to hear but this is just my opinion. But if you have to go below 1200 then just be careful and I wouldn't make it long term. And yes, I think you would still lose weight since you didn't mention whole grains in your diet and is seems like your supplementing with fruits and veggies which is carbs and is just fine if you feel fine. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by Jess75; 07-18-2005 at 09:34 AM.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:52 AM   #4
(female)

cricket_22 HB User

I just wanted it to be known that my BF is not the one encouraging this behavior, it is more of something i want to do for myself. He would probably actually be thrilled if i gained a few pounds, but anyways, i just want to feel like I look good.

Jessica, thanks for the reassurance and encouragement. Today was day one for me and i felt fine, no energy probs, and I wasnt starving ever either! Anyhoo I know the restricting isn't healthy, i am going to have to work on that, eventually I plan to get back up to 1500 cals or so. I just wanna take my time doing it

Were you saying that if i had whole grains it would make me gain weight with my diet or would it provide needed carbs if i were to not be getting enough from the fruit alone?

Old 07-19-2005, 10:11 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

racehorse HB User

The primary deficiency in you diet is protein. When you are on a low calorie low protein diet your body will use muscle to provide the necessary protein which means you will lose muscle. When you lose muscle you look worse. So if you want to look better eat a high protein diet with adaquate calories and pump iron. BTW were you aware that some anorexics actually have more fat than normal weight people? It's that muscle wasting phenom.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

If he's coming in 5 days, then the best you could do is to keep to the diet you have been doing or even eat a few more things you particularly like.
The last thing you or he wants is for you to have lost 3 pounds in 5 days by dehydration and be miserable and exhausted.
If you weigh a happy 116, he will be happier than with you at a miserable 113!

Old 07-22-2005, 02:43 PM   #7
(female)

dobetty HB User

i am 5'4, and way just over 120 and people call me skinny. do the math. you do NOT need to lose weight.

Old 07-23-2005, 08:22 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SammyT HB User

u guys, i know where shes comin from...hunny, u do not ned to lose weight, ok? every1 here is so right...u can get away with an extra 10 or even 20 lbs at this matter

Closed Thread