It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2000, 04:50 AM   #16

gymnut38 HB User
Hi, i am new to the boards, but i think a buddy system is a great idea. I started a new eating lifestyle in February, and i have lost a total of 92 1/2lbs. i weighed 293 lbs,and was so miserable. my doctor scared me by telling me i was going to die of a heart attack if i didn't change my lifestyle. I am only 38 yrs old,and as the mom of 2 children, the thought of them growing up without a mom scared me. I want to lose 35 more pounds,and i will!!! I don't really have anyone to talk to about my struggles,because all my friends are thin, and my husband couldn't care less if i'm fat or fit. I think the hardest thing is accepting the "wow , you look great" comments that i get from people. Not that i don't like those comments, they just make me get choked up. I was never overweight until i got pregnant with my daughter (12yrs ago) I gained 100lbs,and just kept gaining from there. I have finally conquered my food addiction and feel the best i have in years. sorry this is so long

Old 11-30-2000, 04:50 AM   #17

My Kids Dad HB User
Good Morning Roomies ..... And a one .... and a two .... and a ... ahhh, wait a minute ... give me my glass of orange juice and a cup of coffee!

You know what? I found a new line today that we should make our motto! It is:

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

What ya think?

Have a GREAT DAY!
Dave http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/cool.gif

[This message has been edited by My Kids Dad (edited 11-30-2000).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2000, 05:47 AM   #18

Bluize HB User
Wink

Thurs, 11/30/00

Dave,

Great line! It's been my own personal motto for years!

Anyway, today I'm off to a bad start. I forgot to set my alarm last night, so I woke up too late to work out. I'm planning on working out after work, but I'm usually so tired - we'll see.

I'm starting my day with a Diet Snapple Iced Tea and Dannon Cherry Yogurt. Also, I'm having a Cinnimon Chip Muffin (not the fat free kind). We'll see how the rest of the day goes.

Have a great day everyone!

Ok - it's lunchtime. I'm having another diet snapple (no water so far today :eek and a salad with field greens, lettuce, spinich, a little shredded parm cheese and about a tsp of blue cheese dressing. Along with that I'm having a spicy tuna roll (sushi) with wasabi and soy sauce! YUM! I'll probably eat a banana for a snack at around 2pm or so.

Overall, not bad so far. Let's see if I make it to the gym this afternoon.

Stay strong!

[This message has been edited by BlueEyes (edited 11-30-2000).]

Old 11-30-2000, 06:27 AM   #19

My Kids Dad HB User
Everyone say Welcome to gymnut38! And congratulations on your terrific success in loosing all that weight!

Welcome

Old 11-30-2000, 07:34 AM   #20

My Kids Dad HB User
Cool

My tip for Holiday "weight control"!

I think the big key to the Holidays is summed up in one word ... Moderation!

I too love all the delicious foods of the Holidays! My sister-in-law is a wonderful cook, and I wouldn't miss any of her dishes for the world (let alone hurt her feelings for not eating anything)

What I do for the Holiday dinners we have is pretty simple. I eat a very light breakfast that day. You don't want to go to the dinner table starving to death, and over-eat before your stomach realizes it! (This happens to most of us anyway .. we eat to fast, and we are full before we actually know it) When I fix my plate at this buffet line of a feast she always prepares, I eat some of almost everything she fixes ... only in very small portions! This way, you get all the food ... and have a variety of tastes .... and don't feel like you have cheated yourself out of the traditional Holiday feast! And you can always adjust your diet for the next couple of days to balance out this "splurge" you have allowed yourself to enjoy!

Happy Holidays !!!

Old 11-30-2000, 08:08 AM   #21

falcon HB User
Talking

Good morning and a big welcome to our newest members Mike1221, BlueEyes, and Gymnut38.

Congrats to all of you for the weight loss and also for keeping it off!

Mike, I think Iíll incorporate one of your steps into my own program. Step #5 (I canít wait).

If my knee holds up, today Iíll be doing a step & hi-impact class in the evening. I donít know how I hurt it but it was during my step class on Tues. Strange, I was fine almost the entire hour of workout until the last 5 mins when we began our stretching exercises ???

Old 11-30-2000, 09:36 AM   #22
Mike1221

Talking

Well, lost four lbs since sunday
my diets consists of 2200 cal to 2800 cal a day spaced out over 5-6 meals I also log everything I eat to make sure I am getting enough protein so muscles don't start to breakdown. I cannot stress enough how important weightlifting is when you are trying to lose body fat. This sunday I will take my Body fat % I hope it goes down. Oh by the way for all of you who have a hard time not eating sweets try being the owner of a full-line vending company my warehouse is full of every chocolate you can think of along with chips, ice cream and vending food. So if I can resist anyone can. Have a good day.

Old 11-30-2000, 11:07 AM   #23

Bluize HB User
Talking

Mike1221,

You got me there. I'd be as big as the warehouse!!! Although, I do have to say that my very first job was working for Carvel Ice Cream. I used to love the stuff - now, I can't even walk into the place because of the way it smells. That certain smell was with me all the time - it was stuck in my hair and clothes all the time! YUCK!

I've decided that I'm going to concentrate on a weight program along with my running program. Don't know why this is a revelation to me only today - should've started long ago. Oh well.

Old 11-30-2000, 11:09 AM   #24

Bluize HB User
Dave,

Maybe at some point we should start "Buddy Board II" if this one gets too long???

Just a thought.

Blue

Old 11-30-2000, 12:51 PM   #25

punkin HB User
Well folks, here goes, I am jumping in both feet. I just noticed your post and since I just started getting serious about diet and exercise, Here I am. I am a 48 year old female and I need to lose 20 lbs because we all know that summer is coming so here we go. good luck to all of you and of course to me also!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2000, 03:29 AM   #26

gymnut38 HB User
Smile

I FINALLY DID IT!!!!! I have finally made it under 200 lbs. I never thought i would,but it has happened. boy, it's the little things that get me going. thank you for the compliments all on my weight loss, and congrats to everyone on theirs. Has anyone ever tried replacing a meal with a smoothie? they are so good,and they are filling. i make my own. i use 1/2 cup of strawberries,1/2 cup of any flavor yogurt,1 cup of milk,1 banana,and a blender half full of ice. mix well, and enjoy!!!!!!
I hate yogurt,but eating it this way,you can't really taste just that.

Old 12-03-2000, 04:25 AM   #27

gymnut38 HB User
Wink

CONGRATS MIKE1221 ON YOUR WEIGHTLOSS! EVERY POUND COUNTS! I TRULY BELIEVE THAT WEIGHT TRAINING IS GOOD WHEN YOU ARE LOSING ALSO, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING SINCE AUGUST. I WORKOUT WITH A TRAINER EVERY OTHER DAY. (IT IS REALLY CHEAP FOR ME, HE IS A FRIEND) I WAITED TILL I LOST ABOUT 60LBS BEFORE I JOINED THE GYM, THOUGH.
WELL, TIME TO CLEAN, HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL!

Old 12-03-2000, 12:53 PM   #28

falcon HB User
Talking

It's a gorgeous day!

I worked out this morning -- step class and lite weights. My workouts are starting to get easier (or I'm getting stronger). Haven't lost any weight yet, but my clothes are fitting better. My stamina is also better.

Still keeping to my diet, but over the weekend I did cheat a little. Had some pecan/caramel delights. Just couldn't resist, they were delicious!

Old 12-03-2000, 05:07 PM   #29

Tamara HB User
Smile

Hello Everyone! It is great to read about everyone's weight losses! I'm new to this board but unfortunately I am all too familiar with dieting...I currently weigh 218 lbs and I have lost about 20 lbs since trying to diet again. It is hard getting back into the groove in losing weight. I am so happy to have found this support! I have a special congrats to Gymnut for getting below 200--that is my next goal! And, I would like to say congrats to everyone who is trying to lose weight--it sure isn't easy!
Best wishes, everyone, for a great coming week!

Old 12-03-2000, 07:24 PM   #30

caryn HB User
Talking

I really like this forum. Is there somewhere on these boards that are like a chat system? that would be cool so we could chat.
anyways, i need some support if anyone has anything to offer. I am 23, i am 5'6 or so and I want to lose 8 lbs. I have been eating healthy and dieting, and exercising since I could remember. I am not over weight. I weight about 133 or so but I want to lose my butt, and thighs and I want to weigh around 125 or so. I started taking some pills that suppress my appetite and I love it. I am a nurse in a large hospital and spend 8-12 hours running around on my feet all day so I am pretty active all day long. Anyways, I really like the suppressants because I think that is the only way I can actually lose the 8lbs. or so. Any advice or support would be great! Thanks!

Closed Thread