It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2001, 07:25 PM   #1

ChunkyWoman HB User
Unhappy How do I start

HI I am a 30 yr old woman I am 5'2 and weigh about 200 pnds. I have no energy and no will. I am constantly looking at myself in shame and embaresment. You could say i am obsessed with my problem, which has caused me to be depressed. I have recently started looking into some diet pills, does anyone have any advise for me? Please help

Old 05-03-2001, 09:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
Smile

I believe the key to sustainable weight loss and healthy living is obtained through positive lifestyle changes. These are so simple to say, but for many they are so difficult.

They involve long term dietary changes, not quick weight loss schemes. It's important to get on an exercise program, that's good for you. Always consult a doctor about any exercise or diet program, especially if you have high blood pressure or any other health problems.

Also, a lot of weight gain could be caused by emotional factors. Remember that you are a beautiful person and that you can change to even a better person. As you slowly improve, you find yourself helping others and it can be self-perpetuating.

I'm one of the few people that have lost weight that way, and I've kept it off for about 17 years. I also run nearly 20 miles a week, after years of sickness, and not being able to run at all.

Set your goals to sustainable levels, like I'm going to lose a pound or two each month. Be happy with that small result, not trying to be "skinny" immediately. Once you reach these lower levels, make every effort not to yo-yo back. Dietary changes, in my opinion, mean not eating any sweets or drinking alcoholic beverages (some wine could be OK). Avoid processed foods, and eat natural foods that are filled with vitamins and minerals etc. Look at this as a lifetime commitment that involves a lot of research and it's a lot of fun too. Tailor a plan that fits best for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2001, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

chick4u HB User
I do not think some diet pill's are very healthy. And if you want to be healthy have alot of strenth then you should get up off the couch and start exercising don't start off very fast you could end up hurting your muscles. Everyday when you get up in the morning start your daily exercising begin stretching, running in place, sit ups, jumping jacks and if you need someone to help you, you could go to your local gym or turn your tv on to Lifetime Television for Women and it starts at 6/7 or 7/8 depends on your time. Good Luck!!

Closed Thread