It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2001, 06:11 PM   #1
(female)

chick4u HB User
Angry help!

Hi everyone, I just want to tell you whats wrong with me and if anyone will help. Ok ive been excercising, eating healthy like toast for breakfast, yogurt for lunch with a rice cake for a snack, and for dinner maybe a salad just all that healthy stuff. But I don't know why I'm not losing weight does anyone know what the problem is? Oh im also doing cardio now it's helped I guess. Thanx!
chick4u

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2001, 06:39 PM   #2

steph70 HB User
My husband was in the same boat as you not too long ago. If I'm taking what you're saying the right way, I think your main problem is that you're not taking in ENOUGH calories. I don't know what the figures are...I'm sure someone around here will be able to tell you *S*, but...you've got to take in over so many calories...at a guess I'd say it has to be at least 1200 calories...and that's to LOSE weight, not even to maintain. If all you're eating is toast, yogurt, rice cakes and salad...that little...there's no WAY you're getting near enough of what you need. I'm not going to tell you what you should be doing, but no matter how much weight you want to lose, you NEED to eat more than that. Your body will think it's being starved otherwise, and hold on to whatever it has in its stores to use. I'd bet you almost anything if you upped your caloric intake to whatever it should be...at least 1200 though...even if it's those supplement bars or shakes or whatever...you'd see that you'd be losing...maybe a bit...maybe a lot. That I don't know...depends on your body, what you're eating, and how active you are.
I know it sounds strange to say eat more, but...from what I've seen, if you eat next to nothing...that's what you need to do...eat more....don't deprive yourself, and definately don't deprive your body!
Hope this is of some help *S*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2001, 09:09 PM   #3

LilBear21 HB User
Hi there! I recognize your name from another board on this site. =D hello!

A lot of people say that to lose weight you need to spread your calories out thru the day. It's good that you're eating a snack, you might want to try eating another one in the afternoon or saving some calories from one meal and eating them between meals. I know it sounds weird b/c all your life you hear to not snack, but almost everything I read says you need to eat a little bit every couple hours to boost your metabolism.

Old 05-24-2001, 09:15 PM   #4

LilBear21 HB User
One more thing, when do you exercise? I find that I can actually "feel" my metabolism speed up if I work out in the morning, rather than night. Are you drinking a lot of water too? That will make exercising better, believe me!

Old 05-24-2001, 09:22 PM   #5
Inactive

sunshine24 HB User
Wink

Hey there,
Well your one problem is that your not eating enough protien and to much carbohydrates.It's good to eat things like chicken and other white meats.Wheat bread has a healthy sounding name but it is full of carbohydrates that later turn into sugars that are difficult to digest and turn to fat eventually.It's o.k. to eat bread but not alone.Try fruit or low carb cereals for breakfast.Drink lot's of liquids especially WATER!

------------------
sunshine

Closed Thread