It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2001, 03:30 PM   #1

katnattoo HB User
Post Not sure if this is the right board for this, but

It seems lately whever I eat anything that is really full of sodium, it upsets my stomach and makes me feel like throwing up. Last week, I ate a ton of potato chips (along with other stuff, not just chips) and I felt sick for 3 days. This also happens when I eat ramen or any of those other oriental soups that have almost 1000 mg of sodium. Does anyone else do this? Is it really the sodium that's causing the problem? If this is not the right board for this question, please let me know where to go. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2001, 06:26 AM   #2
rosarobin

If it makes you sick........ STOP eating it! All that junk-food is bad for you, but you already know that! Eat an apple or a carrot for a snack and you'll feel better. (some grandmotherly advice - LOL)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2001, 02:42 PM   #3
(female)

lakelog HB User
Wink

Could maybe you have an ulcer and the salt is upsetting it enough to the point that you feel sick? Does antacids help calm the feeling down?

Old 06-03-2001, 03:37 PM   #4

katnattoo HB User
I do take Pepcid or Tagament occasionally when this happens. I know that I shouldn't eat junk food and I usually don't. Chips are my weakness! The Pepcid is helpful. I never thought about an ulcer, what are other symptoms of having one? Thanks!

Closed Thread