It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2001, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

chick4u HB User
Question chips

Ok i loooooveee chip's and I know im not supposed to be eating them but I can't stay away from them!! Im addicted but I tryed those new baked lays and there nasty! How am I supposed to get away from chips??

Old 05-25-2001, 02:59 PM   #2

LilBear21 HB User
Talking

just don't eat 'em. =P
really though, i have no idea. depends on what it is about them that you like. if it's the crunch, try wheat chex, if it's the saltyness, try seaweed (for reals). good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2001, 03:24 PM   #3

Kennedy HB User
try WOW chips.They are ruffles or something.Very good and 1 gr of fat and 70 calories a serving.Or there are doritos the same fat and cals.They are in the chip isle in the US.

Old 06-03-2001, 09:13 AM   #4

BOOKWORM87 HB User
I would try something that tastes similar to chips but has less fat like potatoe sticks you can find them at tops and their really good!

Old 06-03-2001, 11:31 AM   #5
(male)

redwing HB User
Chips = trans fats + polyunsaturated oil + high carbs = bad for your diet, bad for your cholesterol, bad for fighting acne. Chips give me a greasy face too! Try cut up veggies instead.

[This message has been edited by redwing (edited 06-12-2001).]

Old 06-04-2001, 11:30 AM   #6

keri12 HB User
Honestly, I prefer hot-air popped popcorn with a bit of salt! You can buy Orveille Reddenbacher (sp.??) at your grocery store and pop it on your stove. It's great cuz it satisfies my salt/crunch craving...plus it's more healthy than chips!!

Give it a try!
Keri

Old 06-05-2001, 05:59 PM   #7

Kennedy HB User
I forgot to mention the doritos and WOW chips are NOT baked.They taste almost identical to normal chips except A LOT less fat.You don't have to go without or eat baked.These are a lifesaver for me.I love chips too and have to go cross border to get them.

Old 06-06-2001, 11:00 AM   #8

tundra HB User
Thumbs up

I know exactly where you're coming from! A little over a year ago, I HAD to always keep chips, pretzels, etc..
around the house for those afternoon cravings. I quit smoking, and despite the fact I was eating only WOW chips and f/f Pringles, + putting in 2½ hours of aerobics and weights 6×per week + 5 miles a night running, I packed on 20# within a month's time! My weight had been a steady 115# for 17 years prior to that. I figured it was time for a change. I just quit buying the chips etc.., and started eating 3×per day instead of skipping breakfast and eating all those carbs for lunch. I noticed the cravings for the afternoon chip attack stopped immediately. Just get the chips out of the house, and eat a good breakfast in the morning. I eat 2 eggbeaters, some turkey ham or bacon, 7-8 large strawberries, and 7-8 cooked mushrooms--it's low in carbs (which if I eat too many of, I crave carbs more during the day) and it gives me more energy and less cravings. Bottom line, don't skip meals, and just stop buying all the crap--you'll stop craving them in no time! Believe me, if a lifelong addict like me can quit (@ 43 years old!), so can you! Best of luck!

tundra

Old 06-11-2001, 08:22 PM   #9

erinsbandana HB User
Thumbs up

Any food is good in proportion just remeber that and youll be ok just dont eat a whole bag eat a small sized bag

Old 06-11-2001, 10:08 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

arkie6 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by erinsbandana:
Any food is good in proportion just remeber that and youll be ok just dont eat a whole bag eat a small sized bag
I disagree. Some so called foods just aren't healthy, period. Obviously, a lot of something like pototo chips is worse than a little, but it's just a matter of degree.

Alan

Old 06-13-2001, 12:56 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User
The key is to stay awayfrom chips. Make a sacrifice. Make a promise to yourself tha you wont eat chips.

I did the same thng with sodas, mayo, chips, etc. I just completly stayed away from it. Not even one bite or sip of any of it. And it has worked geat for me....because now I think all those things are nasty ad I would try them if I wanted to. It works, tr it. But you have to be patient, persistent and not CHEAT!

Old 06-13-2001, 03:01 PM   #12
Inactive

Copper HB User
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by arkie6:
I disagree. Some so called foods just aren't healthy, period....
I gotta agree with this! In fact, I'll take it even farther and say: Some so called foods just aren't- FOOD, that is! ANY processed foods aren't really good for you, some are truly worse than others.

Unfortunately, chips can EASILY fit into the 'truly worse' category. Nutritionally you might as well just eat a big spoon of sugar, and another of sodium (salt), because the body surely sees them (chips) that way.

Lots of good solutions presented in these posts.

Good luck!

------------------
Copper
Let Miracles Replace all Grievances

Old 06-14-2001, 06:57 PM   #13

erinsbandana HB User
Thumbs up

I still have to agree with what i said earlier,my nutrionist said its all right to eat bad food just as long as its in proportions and not everday so space out those chip cravings and eat them like once a week or something.

Old 06-17-2001, 06:30 PM   #14
Inactive

LoneRydr HB User
Eat the kind you enjoy but eat them in moderation. A little bit probably won't hurt you unless your doctor advises against it.

Old 06-18-2001, 03:57 AM   #15

Sweets1211 HB User
Cool

You could always try going to a health store like wild harvest and getting organic chips. I got cookies like that and they were actually good and low in fat and calories.

Closed Thread