It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2001, 06:12 PM   #1

jtrix717 HB User
Red face keeping the weight off

hi all!
okay, i'm kind of worried because from what i have been hearing, weight that was lost by extreme calorie reduction may have just been water loss and will be gained back immediately, plus some. i have been on a very strict diet of eating only one meal a day plus occasional snacks, so that my calorie intake per day was approx. 800 more or less. (very very bad for me, i know, i know i'm guilty :P) but as a result, i was able to lose about 1/2 to 1 pound a day. i finally lost about 15lbs, but am afraid to start eating normally again because i may gain it all back in a second. i have also heard that this may be even easier b/c my metabolism may have gone into starvation mode and slowed down. how can i start eating like a normal human being again and maintain the weight i've lost? please help! thanks

Old 06-21-2001, 08:21 AM   #2

mobster HB User
Smile

Start adding cardio into your life. That is the only way. Your right that was not a healthy way to lose weight. You need more than 800 calories a day. You should try to get around 1500 calories to maintain normal body function. Make sure to eat a healthy breakfast, something with whole wheat and sugar is not the first ingredient. Eat more fruits and veggies, eat fruits for your snacks between meals. You should eat for sure 3 meals a day. Just eat some fruit inbetween and you should do OK. Do cardio though. Drink lots of water.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2001, 05:47 AM   #3

flowergirl HB User
Exclamation

jtrix- i am not positive on all I am about to say- but I am pretty sure about all of it. Let me start off with this: last summer I didn't eat much- weather was really hot and I guess it was realy getting to me. I ate almost nothing for an entire week, I'd have a few sports drinks every day and every other day I'd have a slice of pizza or a small piece of hoagie or something... so besides the sports drinks I had everyday I'd say I only had about 1500 calories go in the entire week. I was pretty active and I lost about 10 pounds. Pretty quick! But as soon as I started to eat normal I got very hungry so I almost couldnt quit eating sometimes! I gained all of my weight back PLUS A TON! So now I weigh about 15 pounds more than when this started. I am now trying to get back. I have been exercising since last fall. I have tried many things, but the ONLY thing that will work is cardio. Get yourself up&out and do something! Just by push-mowing your lawn an hour will help you out! Simple things like that help a whole lot! When you get up in the morning jog even just a half mile, wait about a half an hour then have your breakfast! Just increase get yourself doing something! Good luck and go back to the 1500 calories GRADUALLY or ou'll gain it back very very quickly! Good luck!

Closed Thread