It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2001, 07:35 PM   #1

concerned_girlfriend HB User
Exclamation healthy 25 year old male has stroke caused by Xenadrine

June 15, 2001 my boyfriend a healthy 25 year old who does not have a past medical history had a stoke because of the use of Xenadrine (which has ma huang a form of ephedrine. It all started with a severe headache that made him fall to the ground with no feeling on the left side of his body and face. He spent 5 days in the hospital. He had a MRI, MRA, Cat Scan, Blood work, and a Spinal Tap which showed no signs of a stroke so therefore they sent him home with no medications. Thursday the next day after he was released his left side went numb again. Rushing him back to the hospital they found the stroke in the Cat Scan and found two blockages in the arteries of his neck by doing a angiogram which is a insertion of a long thin wire in the main artery of the upper leg injecting dye. After two days of a blood thinner Heprain the Cat Scan now looks good and should be returing home in a day or two. PLEASE THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT USING THESE DRUGS. STROKES DON'T ONLY HAPPEN TO "OLD PEOPLE" IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2001, 02:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Not to sound insensitive, but what in Xenadrine caused clotting? I was under the impression it thinned blood.

Naxis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2001, 07:52 AM   #3

Tresni1 HB User
I pray that your bf has a full recovery, regardless of the cause. I would like to know. Did the doc say that the xenadrine caused the stroke or was this assumed by process of elimination?

Old 06-29-2001, 04:36 PM   #4
Inactive

foodlover21 HB User
thanks for the warning. you wouldnt BELIEVE how many people still insist on ignoring the dangers of ephedrine!

Closed Thread