It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2001, 03:57 PM   #1

Fluorescent18 HB User
Post COLLEGE and Youth Weight Loss, Freshman 15

Hey girls, I have not had much success in keeping my freshman 15 off, I was wondering if any of you would like to message board back and forth and hopefully lose some of that excess weight with me. Just reply to this message. I'm 19 years old, and ready to go back to school looking like my old self!!

Amanda

[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 06-18-2001).]

Old 06-18-2001, 05:19 PM   #2
Angeline

Talking

With me it was the freshman 25!! I mananged to lose it...er...most of it just by cutting back on sugary cereals from the dining hall, limiting my fried stuff and I started going to the gym on campus. Where do you go to school? Do you have access to a gym? I didn't do anything too spectacular. I would run/walk for about half an hour on the treadmill and call it a day. But just working out made me feel like watching what I ate so that I didn't have to work harder the next time. It's an incentive. Let me know how you're doing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2001, 08:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
I know it's cliche and cheesy, but getting healthy really is a way of life. We get so used to eating garbage and sitting around watching tv, we forget to take care of ourselves.
I found that when I started seriously working out, I began to scrutinize what I was eating because in the back of my mind, I was always thinking about how much work I would have to do to work it off. That cut out fast food altogether, cheesecake, soda, candy bars, cheese and pecan pie. Believe it or not... you stop missing these things. Fast food is completely unappetizing to me now, soda can be replaced with tea, water, perrier or juice and I just don't miss cheese at all. desserts are my rewards on rare occasion. The point is, it is a process. You have to realize that you shouldn't eat this or that and why... then have the will to aviod it. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Naxis

Old 06-24-2001, 09:17 PM   #4

Jondc HB User
it was definitely funny to read this post. i'm a senior in college so I've seen weight gains that soo many girls have. Really though, u girls are doing good because i knew a lot of girls who have had the freshman 50!!! i swear the cafeteria/pizza delivery/dorm lifestyle is such a curse. i'm glad i moved off campus and shop for my own food. good luck girls

Old 06-26-2001, 10:36 AM   #5

keri12 HB User
Hi Girlz!

I'm working on losing the 15 lbs too! I just finished university and would love to get back to the size I was before. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone, and there is hope!!

Be patient!!
Keri

Old 07-04-2001, 11:52 AM   #6

Topramen HB User
I have found that cutting out a lot of beer helps. I don't know if you drink, but if you do, beer has a ton of empty calories (about 150! Roughly 200 if it's a Guiness-my favorite), which can totally add up over a night of partying. FYI: I started eating more fruit, drinking less beer, and started taking Metbolife. I went from 135 to 120. I'm 5'5". I don't take Metabolife anymore, but I do watch what I eat (NO fast food!) and try a to sweat a few times a week. Good luck!

Closed Thread