It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2001, 08:49 PM   #1

smoochez HB User
Question whats a good safe pill for a 16yr old to lose 25lbs?

I'm looking for a good and safe diet pill that will help me lose 25lbs. I'm only 16 so i want something safe and something that works so if anyone knows of anything please let me know.

thanks!

Old 07-15-2001, 09:16 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Running Queen HB User
Smoochez- If I were you I would totally stay away from diet pills. They might work for a while but once you go off them, the weight comes right back on. Have you heard of Phen/fen? Well, it totally wrecked people's hearts and many have died from it's effects. I would lose weight the good old fashion way of a healthy diet and some good fun exercise!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2001, 10:36 PM   #3

smoochez HB User
torilink...i dont need counseling. i'm just like every other average teenager out there that wants to lose weight and look good.

Old 07-16-2001, 09:17 AM   #4

mobster HB User
Smile

Well at 16 you should have no problem losing weight. Do cardio and lift some weights. I lost a ton of weight when I hit that age. If you are active even that does so much for you. Talk to someone about eating healthy and a good workout routine and you should be alright. NO PILL WILL EVER EVER WORK. It is only water weight. You have to burn 3500 calories before you lose a pound of fat. Pills don't burn calories.

Old 07-18-2001, 01:53 PM   #5

NW001 HB User
Hey there-I just wanted to tell you that I too once took diet pills. I took Hydroxycut. I only took them for a couple days though. I am only 15. They made me really dizy and I felt sick to my stomach. I reccomend that you don't take diet pills,. Avoid the bad experience all together!!

Old 07-23-2001, 10:58 PM   #6

splant316 HB User
If you take hydroxy cut and dont exercise tho that happens. you have to take that energy and do something.

Old 07-24-2001, 04:37 PM   #7

Engel_54 HB User
Cool

Weight gain is simply your body having more calories (from food) than it burns off at the end of the day.

My advice, buy some nice nutritous "meal replacement powders" or MRP from your local health store/GNC, and substitute 1 or 2 meals from your diet with these shakes. They are full of all the nutrients you need for the day but have less fats and calories. They also taste really good . Drink lots of water and do a good 1/2 hour of cardio every second day or so.

Doing these 3 things will give you results and are safe. Make sure to have at least 1 'real' substance meal though, 2 reccomended.

------------------
-=**EngeL**=-

Old 08-10-2001, 08:15 PM   #8

LauraG HB User
Exclamation

Hi there,
I very strongly believe that teens should NOT be taking diet pills and meal substitution shakes!
I have been there, done that.
At your age I HATED my wieght (even though I wasn't that over wieght, size 14). I tried dexatrim, and other means of loseing wieght. It doesn't work! You only get sick and in the end you end up with an extra pound here, an extra pound there...
As I got a little older I realized that I just never had learned how to eat. My mom was constantly working and snacks and meals were up to me most of the time.
The absolute best thing you can do for yourself is learn how to eat a balanced diet (and that is a very difficult task for people your age.) If you can manage to cut your carbohydrates (most americans eat too many) and cut down on sugary treats (your body readily stores sugar as fat)without depriving yourself of them. Half the job is done.
Secondly, get a little bit of exersise first thing in the morning. That will naturally boost your metabolism all day!!! Without having to take one pill...

I wish you the best of luck

[This message has been edited by LauraG (edited 08-11-2001).]

Closed Thread