It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2001, 07:30 AM   #1

oxoxmelissaoxox HB User
Post Hungry Mornings What sort of foods will fill me?

I wake up in the morning and soon after If I don't eat or eat something like fruit or cereal I will get stomach aches because I don't feel full or perhaps there is another reason I dont know of. Anyways I need to know what sort of foods will keep me from getting these hunger pains since cereal and fruit doesnt cut it. Please help me! Thanks alot.

Old 08-17-2001, 09:51 AM   #2

Shane HB User
I have the same problem, except I often wake up with hunger pains.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2001, 12:16 PM   #3

Harbee HB User
You should never skip breakfast as this is the first chance to eat after an all night fast. For breakfast, I have a two pieces of whole grain bread (dry, no butter) and a six egg-white omelet with white onions, mushrooms, and feta cheese. This is about 400 calories, 40g of carbs., 30 g of protein, and 12-15 g. of fat. It's healthy, balanced and keeps me going for 3 hours until my next meal. If you don't have time to cook, I would suggest buying a meal replacement shake (not a protein shake). Typically, these will be very low in fat so I would take a couple fish oil or flax seed oil pills with the shake to make it last a little longer.

Old 08-17-2001, 01:51 PM   #4

Merrilee HB User
Talking

i love a bowl of hot oatmeal, some brown sugar, a piece of fruit, and a cup of skim milk. it always fills me up. and it keeps me from getting so hungry through out the day. GOOD LUCK!!!

------------------

Old 08-17-2001, 08:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

arkie6 HB User
I usually eat 2-3 whole eggs either scrambled or fried in real butter with 2-3 pieces of sausage or 3-4 slices of bacon with a couple of cups of coffee. I never get hungry before lunch when I eat this way. Sometimes at work I don't eat again until 1 or 2 pm. The fat and protein keeps the hunger pains away. Usually on the weekends I'll fix a 3 egg omelet with crumbled sausage and diced bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms in real butter with 4 slices of bacon. This will usually keep me going most of the day. I may have a snack of cheese or meat or some other source of fat and protein in the afternoon. Those carbo loaded breakfasts will typically cause your bloodsugar to plummet 2-3 hours after eating them causing you to become hungry again. I've been eating this way for over 3 years and lost about 40 pounds in the process. Plus, my cholesterol got better, not worse. Bloodpressue is better also.

Alan

Old 08-18-2001, 01:11 PM   #6

Shane HB User
I usually eat a thing of Egg Beaters (2 eggs), 3 sausages, and a low carb pancake. I'm often hungry an hour later. Think some decaf would help, and would butter be a better idea than Pam?

Old 08-19-2001, 03:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Butter is higher in fat, but it's good fat.

I always have a bowl of oatmeal with a sccop of protein powder. The fiber and protein are really filling and can hold me for a good four hours if I dont get a chance to have a snack between breakfast and lunch.

Naxis

Old 08-20-2001, 07:47 PM   #8

Connie HB User
For what it is worth...I have been a lifelong consumer of breakfast cereals. Every morning: bowl of cereal (whole grain and low sugar), low fat soy milk, piece of sprouted grain toast with a small amount of jam and flaxseed meal, glass of OJ and 2 homemade peanut butter cookies (made primarily with olive oil, only a little vegetable shortening). And guess what? My cholesterol is below 150, my HDLs are over 50, my LDLs are below 80 and my TGs are below 50. AND, I'm vegetarian, amazing.

PS this breakfast keeps me from feeling hungry for a few hours or so.

Old 08-20-2001, 10:16 PM   #9

LauraG HB User
I would love to have eggs for breakfast every morning for breakfast, but I have been conditioned my whole life to eat comercial breakfast cereals, doughnuts, toast and all sorts of other not so healthy stuff. A habbit I'm trying to break!

For about a year now I either eat: a 2 egg omlet with cheese, glass of skim milk, and piece of whole wheat toast with a bit of strawberry preserves, or most often a bowl of shredded wheat. ( takes much less time to prepare) I have been noticing lately that although the shredded wheat does a pretty good job of filling me up, as does the omlet, I CRAVE carbs and junk food the rest of the day when I eat the shredded wheat!

[This message has been edited by LauraG (edited 08-21-2001).]

Closed Thread