It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2001, 11:09 AM   #1

o84blondie HB User
Question I have a question...

I'm 16 years old and school's starting soon, so I don't get much time to eat right. I usually don't eat breakfast at all, but I'm thinking of drinking a protein shake every morning. Is that a good idea? Plus, I don't have a lunch, so I don't eat until about 3, when I get home. Is there some kind of bar that would serve as a "replacement meal," and give me some energy, until I get home?

Old 08-29-2001, 12:53 PM   #2
Inactive

cutenbrat HB User
Why don't you eat lunch? That is the best thing to do; but if not try a boost bar or something like that.
God Bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2001, 01:08 PM   #3

Engel_54 HB User
Smile

Drinking a protein shake or having a Meal Replacement Powder (MRP) is a good source of protein/carbs so replacing a solid meal with a liquid one does come in handy when your time constrained. Although solid foods are always better you should defiantly get some nutrients in your body in the morning, especially if you donít eat until the afternoon.

My advice would be to try and get some solid food in the morning; eggs,toast,cerial ect... and fill a water bottle with a MLP or protein shake for lunch. It would be easy to just throw in your bag and drink later on in the day, premixed with water.

Since it looks like you are defiantly not getting a fully nutritious diet than I would also highly recommend you pick up a multivitamin just to make sure your not deficient in anything, and it will help you feel a little more energized during the day.

Iím not sure why you canít eat at lunch but thatís your business, just to make sure you are getting a good dietary amount of calories in, If you have an early dinner I would also try to eat another small meal after words and vice versa if you usually eat dinner late.

There is a small difference between protein bars/shakes and MRP, the later having more carbs which will help energize you more throughout the day, so if you want to substitute a meal I would recommend a powder that is meant to be more of a meal replacement than just a protein supplement.

Old 08-30-2001, 06:45 AM   #4

YMS LL HB User
For breakfast you can have fruit. I have fruit for breakfast every morning. Its quick, easy and gives you a boost of energy every morning. What you might like to do is graze on fruit until lunch.
I wouldnt recommend anything else for breakfast.
YMS

Old 08-31-2001, 08:15 AM   #5

Dralem HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by o84blondie:
I'm 16 years old and school's starting soon, so I don't get much time to eat right. I usually don't eat breakfast at all, but I'm thinking of drinking a protein shake every morning. Is that a good idea? Plus, I don't have a lunch, so I don't eat until about 3, when I get home. Is there some kind of bar that would serve as a "replacement meal," and give me some energy, until I get home?
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you in regards to eating. Over the summer I've had total control of when I eat so I've been eating the recommended five times a day all spaced out a few hours and it's been great.

Mornings during school for me start at 6am - which isn't very cool for a teenager who goes to bed at 11:30pm. I'd eat at about 6:30, so round to 7.

Technically I should eat three hours later, at around 10am, but I'm probably in the middle of English class and people would look at me funny if I whipped out a yogurt. So that means waiting until lunch, which is basically noon.

So, my body is pretty ****** off because it hasn't been fed in five hours, but I give it lunch and it shuts up for a little bit, but only a little bit.

When I come home it's about 3pm, so it's only been three hours since my last meal - excellent! Time for a snack to keep the metabolism faster than my grandma's.

Dinner at 6, and then a very light snack at 8:00, something with protein and low fat and calories and carbs - my favorite is usually a little cottage cheese.

Point is, you can still have school and have some control over when you eat and how you eat. Just don't overdo it to compensate for missing that "snack" inbetween breakfast and lunch. And eat lunch! You're doing yourself more harm than good.

Got some dumb-dumb girls taking ECA stacks and not eating and they end up passing out during gym. What the heck? You have to eat - just eat right.

Closed Thread