It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2001, 06:59 PM   #1

KuriousWon HB User
Post are all natural diet pills good for you?

I am taking Metabolife 356 to lose a few pounds. I weigh 116 pounds now and i'm only five feet. I'm 20 years old. I am wondering if the pills are good for me since it's all natural. I don't feel hungry at all now. I hope that it won't have an adverse effect on me.

Please..if you tried Metablife pills b4..tell me about your experience with it.

Old 10-11-2001, 08:59 PM   #2

siouxzee HB User
Well no they're not good for you. Good for you would be to eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly, eat less calories than you burn and don't take any pills.

Just because a product is labeled 'natural' or from an herbal source it is not guaranteed to be safe. Either the herb has no effect, in which case why bother, or it has an effect, in which case it's a drug.

Ephedrine, also known as ephedra or ma huang, has sickened or killed 800 users.

Ephedra, derived from an Asiatic shrub, contains ephedrine, a stimulant that acts on the central nervous system. It is found in products, such as Metabolife, metabolite, advocare and other products. The FDA believes that ephedra may be related to more than 50 deaths. Most of the serious injuries involve high blood pressure that can cause bleeding in the brain, a stroke or a heart attack.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2001, 04:39 PM   #3

KuriousWon HB User
I take two Metabolife pills a day, and I don't feel that they're hurting me. Would it be okay to continue taking them for at least a month? I'm 115 lbs and five feet. Exercise and a low calorie diet or low fat diet doesn't seem to help.

Old 10-17-2001, 09:04 PM   #4

siouxzee HB User
I wouldn't take them. I won't tell you it's ok. That's just something you'll have to decide for yourself. To me, the risks are too great. Bottom line of weight loss is eating less than you burn. It works for EVERYONE with no side effects. Good luck

Old 10-18-2001, 01:10 PM   #5
(male)

jrdoa HB User
I would definately NOT take Metabolife. Two years ago, I was taking the recommended dosage and was sitting at home when my body went numb twice. I went to the emergency room where my heart rate was very high and was told by the resident doctors that more and more people are coming into the hospital with cardio problems after taking these products. I was 31 and did eat, so I was not starving myself. Will never take them again. Was told Ma Huang could have been the cause as to most of the products with problems have this ingredient. I saw on a tv show awhile back that the Chinese use MaHuang for resporitory problems and could only take the product a couple days and then get off them for couple days. If you decide to take these types of products, be careful.

Closed Thread