It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2001, 08:53 AM   #1

JujuGirl HB User
Question Nutrition questions

I apologize if this has been covered before. I'm new here, but I looked through a bunch of posts before posting to avoid duplicating.

I have a couple specific nutrition questions that are probably geared toward more advanced individuals.

I took a nutrition class at a gym a few years back and remember the instructor saying that there are certain times during the day that are better to eat certain foods to maximize weight loss/muscle development. Problem is I can't remember when to eat what. Is it protein before workout or after workout? Carbs mid afternoon or late morning, etc..? I know that the general idea is high protein, low carbs, but I'm looking for more specific info. (My workout is currently toning/weights in the morning and cardio in the evening).

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be offered!!

Old 10-23-2001, 02:12 AM   #2

Speedgal HB User
There is a sort of generally accepted rule that if you're trying to lose weight you eat more carbs earlier in the day and less at night. So you might eat 2 or 3:1 carbs rotein at brekkie, 1:1 at lunchtime and then 1:2 at night. Bodybuilders and other athletes often do this.

The other thing that many of us do is exercise in the morning before brekkie to also encourage the body to burn fat better. For example as a runner I run in the am on an empty stomach. However if the run is longer than 15 k I will eat during the run - or at least have a sports drink or a carbo shot (or sim) available if I feel I need it. And once I've finished its into the food!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2001, 05:58 AM   #3

JujuGirl HB User
Thanks for the info Speedgal!

Closed Thread