It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2001, 05:13 AM   #1

spankey HB User
Question Is there anything I can do to speed up metabolism?

Hi-

First let me take the time to say hello. I am new here. I am a 28 year old male. I am roughly 35 pounds over my weight to height ratio.. I used to work out reguarly at a gym and was in great shape till I got married and we had our kids.

I am now taking charge of this horrible habit of snacking and eating at all times of day. I am watching the fats and sugars. And drinking lots of water.

I have been walking 2 miles everymorning before work as exersise!

My question is this. Is there any vitamin suppliment or pill I can take to help me along with energy and to SPEED up my metabolism??? I am not looking for a fat burner as I feel they will NEVER exsist!!! Just something to burn sugars and help my metabolism along to get back to its old habits???

I heard chromium picolinate?? Sorry if the spelling is off!!
I thank you very much for any info on this subject!!

Spankey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2001, 10:05 AM   #2

scooter9999 HB User

I don't know anything about supplements, but adding some lean muscle mass through weight training should help speed up your metabolism. I realize that you're busy, and this might not be possible.

If you added a few pounds of muscle, your body would expend more energy just to keep that new muscle fed. Fat on the other hand requires almost no energy to maintain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2001, 02:21 AM   #3

Speedgal HB User
Really the best tihng you can do is build more muscle as the other person said. Also walking 2 miles is not a lot - would you be able to increase that - or even do it twice a day? Or run! That way you can go twice as far in the same amount of time.

Also try and limit your carbs at the end of the day. Walk on an empty stomach in the morning.

Not much else will do it. No magic potions. Good luck!

Closed Thread