It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2001, 10:05 PM   #1
Angeline

Question Foods that make you break out?

Are there really certain foods that will cause more break outs?

Old 10-17-2001, 08:26 AM   #2

Kennedy HB User
I learned from taking my daughter to a dermatoligist for child acne that no there are no foods that make you break out. he said its silly when people blame chocolate and such for their breakouts. it has to do with the skin. not the food.if it weren't I would have terrible acne since Im not ammune.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2001, 12:27 PM   #3

Lizzybeth HB User
I don't know about everyone else, I but definitely find that dairy has an adverse effect on my skin. Some people find that acidic veggies and fruits such as tomatos and oranges cause breakouts. Peanuts are also known to wreak havoc on the skin because they are loaded with iodine, as is seafood. the best thing to do is try taking different foods (such as those listed above, you can also search on your own and find a list of foods that are known to cause breakouts) out of your diet for a few weeks, and then integrating them back in for a few days, to see if anything changes.

Good luck!
Lizzybeth

Old 11-20-2001, 01:32 PM   #4

MimiM HB User
Lizzy, it sounds like the same kind of foods make us break out. I found that yogurt used to break me out the most in the dairy line, and oranges in the fruit line. Tomatoes too, salad peppers... and I did have a food sensitivity test, and those foods I am highly sensitive too. I have no idea why doctors say that food doesn't cause acne, as it certainly does in some people. Certain foods, such as dairy has hormones in them, hormones play a huge role in acne... so go figure.

[This message has been edited by MimiM (edited 11-20-2001).]

Old 11-20-2001, 02:29 PM   #5

Lizzybeth HB User
Hi Mimi,

Actually, I find that I am OK with tomatoes, and seafood is actually OK with me, too! Go figure! I have been eating a lot of fish and seafood lately since I cannot even fathom eating meat. I was really sick for awhile, and it was right after I tried doing that Atkins deal. Ever since then, I have not been able to even THINK about eating meat. Anyway, dairy, I've realized, does make my skin worse, although sometimes it is difficult to tell. I have no idea why some doctors will not recognize food's role in acne. It certainly has an effect, I've found time and time again.

Cheers!
Lizzybeth

Old 01-02-2002, 12:43 PM   #6

salvlach HB User
sometimes you may be sensitive to certain foods - for me it is too much cholate, potato chips, pork sausage and too much of some dairy foods - probably everyone is different - potatoe chips will break me out every time -
DRINKING lots of water helps and stay regular as constipation can also do a nbr on your
skin - benzole peroxide helps also

Closed Thread