It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2001, 10:12 AM   #1

nswint HB User
Unhappy Getting Full Off Small Portions

I'm trying to gain weight, but for the past few months I get full on small portions. I could go all day without eating and then have chicken breast and be full or get full off of a bowl of cereal in the morning. I can't eat an extra value meal from one of the hamburger joints because I will be sick and full by the time I finish my burger. Is it possible for my stomach to have shrank? I can't gain weight if I'm always full or I will make myself sick.

My thoughts about my problem is that it's either psychological and I'm making myself full... I don't know why I would want to.

Or There's a Problem with my digestive system: shrinking stomach, digestive enzymes off, some type of intestinal parasite.

Please help!!

Old 11-04-2001, 09:17 AM   #2

kraypm HB User
HI!

If eating makes you ill, and you are underweight, please see a doctor. You need to make sure everything is okay before you take matters entirely into your own hands. Did you have an illness prior to this problem?

K

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2002, 07:12 PM   #3

checkjta HB User
mabey you should do the exact opposite of weight loss stuff?

Old 01-19-2002, 10:56 PM   #4

RobSlanina HB User
I had the same problem....what worked for me was doing a lot more physical activities....
sports like hockey...and then lots of running....
nothing builds hunger (for me anyways) like using more energy than I'm accustomed to using on a regular basis.

-Rob

Old 01-21-2002, 03:58 PM   #5

nswint HB User
Lightbulb

Since I posted this I've gotten somewhat better. I just carry food with me, like a granola bar or trail mix to keep me from dying waiting for my next meal. I think my stomach shrank because I wasn't eating my meals a set schedule everyday. I would eat lunch.. then again at 6 or maybe at 10. Bad I know , but I'm taking acidophilus now. It reestablishes instestinal flora and I feel hungry now more often than before. Strange but I'm better now and I gained 5 lbs over the holidays.

Closed Thread