It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
(female)

goldenseal HB User
Question Fasting

I often get bloated and I have acne on my back. I was wondering if doing a three day fast might help with that... or prove beneficial to my health in anyway? have any success stories? know about fasting? have any tips?? THANKYOU!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 06:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Fasting

It's HARD to fast but everyone should try it at least ONCE. Three days won't hurt you and might work wonders on your acne.
One bit of advice. Eat NOTHING only water. Your body will manage better on it's own than if it's given a morsel of this or that juice or fruit. For just 3 days, I wouldn't even take vitamins.

Beware the curse...a huge headache probably at day 2.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 09:19 AM   #3
Inactive

Michael01 HB User

I'm very familiar with fasting. I fasted three years in a row back in the late 1980's at a Health Resort in Florida. The fast was for seven days and supervised. It was a water fast. The amount of poisons and toxins that were released from my body was awesome. It came out of my skin, urine and mouth. Tongue was completely white. Body odor was awful and had to shower 3 - 4 times daily and stay away from people. You can't be active while fasting and must sleep, nap and rest. At the end of the week, I felt better than I had ever felt in my life. I plan to do another one this winter. Don't let anyone tell you that's it's not healthy. Keeping poisons and toxins inside your body is not healthy. A true fast should be for 3 weeks but I couldn't handle that so did a one week three years in a row. A 3 day fast is not enough. I did have a severe headache for two of the seven days and I dealt with it. I believe a long fast would help plus eliminating refined sugar from your diet and going on a healthy low fat diet. While fasting you must drink enormous quantities of water during the day. The more the better. I could never fast at home so went away.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #4
(female)

goldenseal HB User

i was thinking something like this: day 1: only fruits, veggies and liquids (just to get my body prepared)... day 2: nothing.. only water, tea and my usual daily vitamins and supplements day 3: only liquids... day 4: can begin to eat again... but very lightly.. anyone have any suggestions/comments on this? thankyou!

Old 08-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User

Any fasting should be medically supervised, even if it's not exactly a 'fast' according to some people's standards. Do not attempt anything like this without at least consulting a doctor.

Old 08-10-2005, 07:13 PM   #6
(female)

goldenseal HB User

thanks for the input... you're probably right

Old 08-10-2005, 08:34 PM   #7
Inactive

Michael01 HB User

A short fast does not require a doctors monitoring. We are not talking about a life and death procedure. Fasting is a very healthy procedure. We are talking about removing poisons and toxins from the body. Doctors do not support any procedure that enhances one's health. Doctors earn a living by treating illnesses and not preventing illnesses. I fasted three times and never once consulted with a doctor and never will in the future. I know of a woman who fasted every year for 30 years and never once consulted with a doctor. Doctor's no nothing about the health benefits of fasting but only drugs and surgery and treating illnesses which is how they earn a living. There is no profit in prevention but only in treating illnesses. Don't you get it.

Old 08-10-2005, 09:58 PM   #8
(female)

goldenseal HB User

so michael... since you've fasted, and know of others who have... mind sharing your regimen?? i'm not afraid to do it without being supervised... i'd just like to know how to go about it...

Old 08-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #9
Inactive

Michael01 HB User

There's a booklet called, "The Layman's Guide To Fasting and Losing Weight", by Phillip Partee. You can purchase it online for about $7.00. Most important is breaking the fast. You must very slowly introduce your body to food. No solid food but rather broth, juices, apple sauce, etc. After two days of this you can return to solid foods but small meals for a few days. When fasting it's important to drink lots of water at room temperature. I don't know why it must be a room temperature but that's what I was told at the resort. You must drink a lot of it. I think that during the course of the day I drank upwards of 4 quarts. There should be no physical activity. There will be headaches but they shouldn't last more than two days. Although I was supervised all that meant was someone coming to my room each morning and asking how I felt. Other than two days of headaches, I felt fine. After the 5th days I felt strong and great. When the 7 days was over I noticed my completion and face looked radiant. I had that healthy younger look. When I broke the fast I drank a little diluted juce and had some apple sauce. I felt so incredibly good. I'm so glad I'm discussing Fasting because I want to do it again. It's been 15 years since the last one. If you can't find the booklet online it won't be a problem. I didn't have the booklet when I fasted. I simply stopped eating for 7 days and drank enormous amounts of water and rested. That's it. Again, breaking the fast is crucial. This is the most important part of a fast. I can't emphasis this enough. Introduce yourself to food very, very slowly and small amounts. You should be fine. If you can, do one every year for at least three years and longer if you can. Good Luck.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:31 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Michael,

After one week did you find that you had altered your metabolism via the "starvation response." That's my fear about trying another (and of course the awful headaches.)

Goldenseal,
Like I said, don't eat ANYTHING except water...certainly not anything caffeiny like tea. Your hunger response quickly goes away with fasting but if you eat ANYTHING, it will come back like gang-busters.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:52 AM   #11
Inactive

Michael01 HB User

Lenin: It's been over 15 years so I don't remember if it altered my metabolism via starvation response:

Goldenseal: If you can't do a 7 day fast then do a 3 days fast and at a later date do a 4 days fast and at a later day 5 days, etc until you reach 7 days. This can be done over a period of a year. I imagine the reason for the headaches is that your stomach is sending signals to the brain, "how come no food." I was told not to take aspirin for the headache and that the headaches would go away after two days and they did. When I arrived back home people commented how good I looked and said that I looked younger.

During the fast your mouth will taste like a cesspool. Deal with it and don't use any mouthwash with alcohol. I was told to just keep drinking room temperature water. Body odor is horrific. Your tongue turns white. All of this means the fast is working. Also you will be cleansing your colon while fasting by drinking a gallon of water a day.

I hope you can find the booklet. There's a beautiful introduction by Dick Gregory a huge believer in fasting. Good Luck.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #12
(female)

goldenseal HB User

how long did the effects of fasting last??
i'd definately love to try it... i'm just slightly scared... i'm really under 20 years old, and I have a killer metabolism. I usually eat every 2 hours. If I don't eat every 3-4 hours I feel really dizzy and faint.
I suppose I should wait, I just can't help but feeling desperate to fast everytime I think of how "polluted" my body could be!

Old 08-13-2005, 10:00 AM   #13
(female)

zer0hour HB User

try going on a fruit and veggie fast, raw if you can, with plenty of water and pick up a body, parasite, liver, what ever cleanser from a health store.

Old 08-15-2005, 12:44 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

xismybaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael01
A short fast does not require a doctors monitoring. We are not talking about a life and death procedure. Fasting is a very healthy procedure. We are talking about removing poisons and toxins from the body. Doctors do not support any procedure that enhances one's health. Doctors earn a living by treating illnesses and not preventing illnesses. I fasted three times and never once consulted with a doctor and never will in the future. I know of a woman who fasted every year for 30 years and never once consulted with a doctor. Doctor's no nothing about the health benefits of fasting but only drugs and surgery and treating illnesses which is how they earn a living. There is no profit in prevention but only in treating illnesses. Don't you get it.

I agree with you about doctors. If its not benefiting them in any way then they don't care.

Anyway now to my question, Did your skin break out during this fast (you said the toxins came out through your mouth..skin..etc.).

I was planning on doing a 24 hour fast today to get started on my internal cleansing with supplements...but I just couldnt do it ( i have no will power when i'm not busy). If i'm just relaxing (like today) then i need food..lol

Maybe i'll do my 24 hour fast on a work day when I will be busy and when I wont be thinking about eating.

I could never do a 7 day fast but would like to at least try to do a small fast once in my life.

Old 08-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #15
Inactive

Michael01 HB User

After the 7 day fast my skin and completion looked better than it had ever looked. A very well known Doctor on TV mentioned that the cheapest and best way to have that radiant healthy looking completion is drinking lots and lots of water. I was drinking a gallon a day. I was quickly removing the poisons and toxins by taking many showers daily. Good luck with your internal cleanse. The only way I was able to go on the 7 day fast was at a Health Spa where I was fasting with many others. We supported one another. I could never do it at home. I also got through it with lots and lots of sleeping and naps. One last note: I once remember reading a story of a small plane crash somewhere in South America on a mountain. All the survivors had was water but no food. They were rescued weeks later and everyone of them were in far better health than prior to the crash. They drank lots of water and nothing else. Interesting.

Closed Thread