It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2001, 09:08 PM   #1
(male)

Scotsman HB User
Red face Xenadrine: Caution when exercising

I've been using Xenadrine for 2 wks now and I'm pleased to say that I've lost about 7lbs, after literally months at a constant 20lbs over. The point I'd like to make is be very care with exercising, your heartrate rockets when you do cardio work for very little effort. I'm fortunate enough to own a heart rate monitor, and my goodness I got a fright when on the treatmill. I know people experience the energy rush with this supplement, but please be careful..you could be very close to overdoing it, without knowing, shortness of breath etc is obviously a bad sign. My advice is ease up a little and take care of that heart. Does anyone know if Xenadrine become ineffective after a period of time?...
Take Good Care Everyone

Gary

Old 07-28-2001, 10:12 PM   #2
(male)

Scotsman HB User
Smile

dear Baseballmom

I've just finished my 3rd week, and I have to confess that Xenadrine is an awesome product, my weight loss now is 11 lbs, and I have another 9 to go. I have consistently excercised, 4 times a week for about 45 mins each session. I haven't changed eating habits of what I've eaten, but most definetly Xenadrine has suppressed my appettite, I didn't realise this would happen. I think the key to success with this product is excercise. You don't have to go crazy with this, just enough to get that little extra out of the supplement...I don't think you have to do as much as I do but try if possible do some. After this comming 4th week I do intend to rest for a week from taking the supplement. I will keep you posted. Good luck in achieving your goals. I know that you'll achieve them with this product, and a positive attitide..my best wishes for your future health and happiness at your chosen weight. If you need any words of encouragement this Scotsman is only too happy to help.

Gary

------------------
Scotsman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2001, 06:35 AM   #3

Fishy HB User
I'm deciding whether or not to buy Xenadrine. Can you, or anyone whose used it for that matter, explain what it's like? You take it in the morning, right? How long does it take to start working? And does it give you so much energy you have to exercise or is it just a little boost? Because I have an 8 hour office job where I just sit at a computer all day and I was wondering if it's going to give me too much energy to sit there.... Any thoughts?

Old 08-03-2001, 08:59 AM   #4
(male)

Scotsman HB User
Smile

Xenadrine will start working straight away. You will feel invigourated. With a lot of energy. Go for a walk at lunchtime or something to burn some calories. You'll definetly have results in a week, probably notice weight loss after 1st day..most likely water weight but hey..its a positive feeling. Try not to take it after 3 or 4 pm as you might have trouble sleeping. Xenadrine will work! and your eating habits will change because there is a appetite suppressant effect with it..this was unexpected for me. You increase the rate of weight loss by doing some exercise during the week..as I say a lunchtime walk will help..Good luck..Keep us posted if you decide to embark on using it...Oh..start as suggested 1 in morning to get your body used to the supplement..

Regards
Gary

Old 08-06-2001, 05:51 PM   #5
Angeline

Does this supplement decrease the effectiveness of the bc pill? I'm concerned about that as well as the effects on my heart and other major organs.

Old 08-23-2001, 04:40 PM   #6
(female)

littlehollywoodstar HB User
hey scotsman- are you actually from scotland? because I am from edinburgh. I lived in Georgia usa last year and used xenadrine. it was great but someone told me ephedrine supplements were illegal in the uk where do you get yours from?? thanks

Old 03-10-2003, 07:11 AM   #7

dansangel6300 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Angeline:
Does this supplement decrease the effectiveness of the bc pill? I'm concerned about that as well as the effects on my heart and other major organs.
Angeline:
I was concerned about the same problem. A little research on my part found this:

"There have been some claims that it interferes with oral contraceptives. I talked to my gynecologist about this and he couldn't find any reason why it should unless it metabolizes it (the pill)so fast that it can't be absorbed into your body. He suggested taking my birth control pill AT LEAST an hour before taking the Xenadrine. I take my pill at 7 am and my Xenadrine at 9 or 10. So far, no baby! (This is something that should also be considered if you're taking a 'fat trapper' type supplement. The birth control pill can get trapped with the fat and be passed out of your body. Take them at different times to avoid this!)"

Hope this helps!

Jessica

Closed Thread